So much disinformation (US Savings Bank)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So I had to go into US Savings bank around 82nd & Allisonville to sign some paperwork. Of course there is a big sign near the front door. You know the one, picture of a gun with a big red circle and a SLASH through gun, declaring the facility a "Victim Zone".

3 people working in there, besides the tellers; the receptionist, the loan officer, and the manager. It's one big open room, so I asked the loan officer; "So do your bosses really think that sign is going to keep the bad guys with guns out?", and she says "You'll have to ask the manager" So I yell across the bank, "Hey Jimmy, do you really think that sign is going to keep the bad guys with guns out?".

His first response was "Well, I went with about a two week period where these guys, you know, not law enforcement, but "average farmer types" kept coming in here with all kinds of guns just strapped all over them. You know, what I worry about is if we get robbed, these guys are wanting to be hero's, and one of us are going to be shot by them".

After I took my my face from my palm, I asked him, "Did you ever think that those guys didn't want to be hero's, that maybe they were just refusing to be victims to some drug fiend that valued your money more then they valued your life??"

He then changed his tactic a little bit, and said "Well it's against the law to carry here.", and immediately I looked at him & said, "No it's not". And he doubled down & said "Yes it is. It's against federal law to carry in any building that is "Federally Insured"! And again I said "No it's not". And he said, Yes it is, I was personally told this by the CEO, and he's way above my paygrade".

Me: "Well he may be your boss, but he's wrong."
    Him: "The company is from Ohio, maybe the laws are different there".
    Me: Yep, the laws are definitely different there, as they are much more strict on people carrying, but the Federal laws are consistent across the country, and I CAN carry here."

He basically just shrugged at that point, and did not continue the conversation. As I was walking towards the reception desk on my way out, the receptionist was looking at me like I was some kind of alien, and she definitely disapproved of me. I just politely looked at her, and just before I walked out, she apparently had a Blinding Flash of the Obvious, and realized that I was a paying customer, and she smiled at me and said "Have a nice day".:cool:

My question for you guys is, are there any codes I could print off to take back to him to prove him wrong? Because it would definitely be worth my time to do so.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    There are no codes telling what is legal, only ones that tell what is illegal. Have him show you the code that states that is illegal. He won't because he can't.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    There are no codes telling what is legal, only ones that tell what is illegal. Have him show you the code that states that is illegal. He won't because he can't.

Quite right! Indiana law has only EXCLUSIONS to the lawful carry of a handgun by a LTCH permit holder. Ohio law is NOT applicable here in Indiana regardless of where the company is headquartered.

If the law doesn't say you can't, then you can. But they can set a POLICY that they don't want guns in their property. It doesn't carry the force of law, but if they ask you to leave, and you don't, then you may be trespassing. It's still their property and the same rights that they have to ask you to not bring a handgun into their place give you the right to take your business elsewhere.

If you don't like their policy, take your business to a competitor.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Tell him all he did was make those guns get covered up. Does the little bit of fabric make him feel safer?
    Then, ask him for cases about citizen yahoos shooting places up.
    Maybe point out that most of the mass shootings seem to happen unded that sign.
    But you'd probably be wasting your time.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    If I were you, I'd go back to that bank with every firearm you own strapped to your body. Then when the bank manager panics and calls the police, one of the nice officers can explain to the manager that carrying all those scarey guns is perfectly legal in Indiana. :D

hot-fuzz-pic-1-701215.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had a teller freak out on me once because I brought in a 9mm ammo can full of rolled coin. Her words were "I thought you were going to rob the place!" With an ammo can. :n00b:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If I were you, I'd go back to that bank with every firearm you own strapped to your body. Then when the bank manager panics and calls the police, one of the nice officers can explain to the manager that carrying all those scarey guns is perfectly legal in Indiana. :D

Completely off topic....but "Hot Fuzz" is a hilariously great movie.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Make sure you're also wearing all of Chandler's clothes.

mekicML.png

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

Make sure you're also wearing all of Chandler's clothes.

mekicML.png

This really WOULD be "GOING COMMANDO" ... wouldn't it? :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom