• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    And chose not to bring 1 of the guns that I was going to take (9mm PCC - because I had no way to secure it in the hotel room or the vehicle), and completely forgot the other one (Shield 1.0 9mm).

All I had with me was my J-Frame .38 Special - which is, generally speaking, the gun I carry when I don't want to carry a gun. Better than nothing, right?

On that note, if you have a chance to visit the mountains of north Georgia, do so. It's GORGEOUS.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm going on vacation to a water park with the family. The gun will likely stay at home or just locked in the vehicle.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    It is a beautiful area. Vacationed once just north of the GA state line near Hayesville, NC. Our cabin bordered a stream with a nice hole deep enough for swimming. Caught some small stocked rainbow trout and saw a huge brookie but couldn't get it to bite.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Some of the non-IN-LTCH reciprocal states might allow a long gun. I flip flop on selling my Kel-Tec Sub2000 but it sure comes in handy when I go places that don't allow carrying a pistol.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    And chose not to bring 1 of the guns that I was going to take (9mm PCC - because I had no way to secure it in the hotel room or the vehicle), and completely forgot the other one (Shield 1.0 9mm).

All I had with me was my J-Frame .38 Special - which is, generally speaking, the gun I carry when I don't want to carry a gun. Better than nothing, right?

On that note, if you have a chance to visit the mountains of north Georgia, do so. It's GORGEOUS.

My usual carry is 1911 in 10MM, the wife has a Colt Mustang in .380 for her pocket carry.
    The funny thing is, the .380 is the only one to ever need deployed (but not fired).

Some of the non-IN-LTCH reciprocal states might allow a long gun. I flip flop on selling my Kel-Tec Sub2000 but it sure comes in handy when I go places that don't allow carrying a pistol.

I never thought of that...
    Makes sense to me but I'm an old cranky guy that lives in the woods with "Too Many Guns". :)

An old Marine instructor used to say,
    "The best 'pistol' in a gunfight is a carbine,
    The best 'carbine' is a full power battle rifle..."
    Since he made it though WWII, Korea & Vietnam, I'd say he might actually know! ;)

A couple buddies have them and being able to interchange magazines with their pistols is a big deal, good idea.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im not going to our usual Canadian spot. First, the border will still be closed a week before we leave, and no telling if it will open in time. We wouldnt find out until at least 2 weeks out. Maybe closer.

Second, after calling the state dept to check on my daughter's overdue passport renewal, I was told that due to worker shortages, her renewal is still at least 2 months out. (30+days after we need it)

(TO clarify, I couldnt actually TALK to anyone. The automated announcement stated renewals are taking 4-6 months now, possibly more and unless it was a life or death situation, hang up and wait.)

Damn.

Oh well, Guess we'll road trip a bit and do overnights at the places too far to easily day trip. Like Indiana dunes, Falls of the Ohio, Evansville LST museum, etc.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Oh well, Guess we'll road trip a bit and do overnights at the places too far to easily day trip. Like Indiana dunes, Falls of the Ohio, Evansville LST museum, etc.

I HIGHLY suggest Mohican State Park in N Central Ohio as well as farther to the NE into Ohio - Cauyhoga National Park system south of Cleveland. Both are GORGEOUS.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would like to get down to Stone Mountain to see that before the American Taliban blows it up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom