So I want to look at some AR's this weekend...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Does anyone know if any shops in and around Indy have any AR's in stock? I'm wanting to look at some this weekend as I work torwards a decision in what I want to buy.

I called PSS and they only have 2 in stock, a DPMS and an Olympic. Hoping to find a place with a few more than that so I don't have to drive around a lot.

Of course, if any of you guys want to let me play with your toys, I'll always be more than accepting! :)::laugh:

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    If you are going to buy you had better do it soon, according to a source I have right now olympic is taking orders for AR-15s that will be delivered in 2010. The prices are about to go up due to info that is now listed on the white(?) house web-site referance the up coming gun bans!
    I am in the market for a M1-A but they to are going up!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Wyatt's in Cicero had a couple a week ago but I'M not sure what brand they were, but I picked up a Bushmaster there a little over a year ago.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Price jacking due to what may be on the White House web site is an absurd idea. Just because they put it on there doesn't mean it will pass..... Needless to say Olympic Arms won't be getting my money.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    Bradis has some

I was in there today, mostly what they had on the wall was .308 AR's. They had one DPMS Flat top carbine for $815. He said they only had one other in .223. They are selling out quick. If you find one that suites you, nab it fast!! Good luck.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Gander Mountain has a Colt LE model for sale.I talked to Tom(a manager at the Greenwood Gander)and he says any one can buy this rifle,as there is no ban on them currently. The price though 1600.00.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You can't go look at it, but I saw this on GunBroker.com a few hours ago with a Buy it Now price of $1000.00. Not too bad for todays market.

Bushmaster 18 in Flat top A3 XM XM15 AR15

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was in there today

And you didn't introduce yourself? Shame on you. ;)

mostly what they had on the wall was .308 AR's. They had one DPMS Flat top carbine for $815. He said they only had one other in .223. They are selling out quick.

We sold 3 of the DPMS .308s today; one left. The Panther Bull 16" was still there as of closing time today. We took in a used Olympic GI-16 with a quad rail handguard this afternoon. As soon as I put a price on it, someone bought it; it didn't even make it to the rack. Un-dirty-word-believable. Seems like the inauguration has kicked off a whole new round of panic buying, but this time we're not going to be able to re-stock when the guns are gone; most manufacturers are quoting at least a 6-month backlog.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Needless to say Olympic Arms won't be getting my money.

Their price increase was normal end of the year increase just like everyone else, nothing more, and had nothing to do with the White House.

Olympic would not be my 1st choice,lot of problems.

I'll put up a factory built gun against any other normal AR as far as reliability and accuraccy, especially accuraccy.

Top Bottom