• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    M fiancé's uncle passed away a few weeks ago. Needless to say the bills gotta get paid, and he has a lot of stuff; restored tractors, a mint Buick Grab National (drool), and guns, and I told her aunt I'd sell em.

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to hunting guns, so I figured I'd ask around about some of these shotguns. One that has me stumped because I can't find a whole lot about it is an old Ithaca Deerslayer Featherlite. I've seen the Deerslayer II and III, but can't find anything in this one, other than it's old. The thing is a tank from the feel of it and the fact that it has screws instead of pins.

The other one is a Savage 330 O/U Valmet. Looks to be brand spanking new. The only thing I know about Valmet is they make a really nice Finnish AK variant. I've seen some eye popping prices for O/U guns, but I wanna get the most out of it.

There's also an old J.C. Higgins 16ga bolt gun. I know those are 200 or so, so I'm not too worried about it.

Then, the other one is a O.F. Mossberg & Sons Model 334, i think, in .22 short and long. It has a cool little flip down front grip embedded in the stock.

I dunno, INGO, what say you? I'm not wanting to sell this minute or anything, I have to bounce it off the aunt before I make a move but I need to know ballpark figures.

Please and thanks!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    No help on values, but my Dad has one of those Mossburgs and loves it. I don't know why those fold down front grips never caught on?:dunno:

sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I'd go with blue book of gun values for starters if u have no idea and go from their don't look @ gun broker cause their crazy high on everything

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I'd like to hear more about the Grand National :)

Man, it's f'n cherry. If i had the money it would be mine. The car was his baby, under 60k miles, immaculate paint and interior. The turbo v6 is still there, but with a massive chromed out turbo and I wanna say stage 3 cold air intake, all chrome. Looks like he put another fuel injector on top of the block to dump more fuel when the turbo winds up. I've never rode in it, but her brother says it's crazy fast, 12 second quarters. I'm thinking it's probably a 25 thousand dollar car or more lol

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Man, it's f'n cherry. If i had the money it would be mine. The car was his baby, under 60k miles, immaculate paint and interior. The turbo v6 is still there, but with a massive chromed out turbo and I wanna say stage 3 cold air intake, all chrome. Looks like he put another fuel injector on top of the block to dump more fuel when the turbo winds up. I've never rode in it, but her brother says it's crazy fast, 12 second quarters. I'm thinking it's probably a 25 thousand dollar car or more lol

Very nice. Make sure it's not a GNX!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Does the Deerslayer say anything about Model 37, Model 87? I see several Deerslayer guns and some Ultralight guns as well.

I'm looking in the 2013 Standard Catalog of Firearms..this one: 2013 Standard Catalog of Firearms: The Collector's Price & Reference Guide: Jerry Lee: 9781440229534: Amazon.com: Books

The Savage Model 330 Valmet gives the following info:

Model 330

A Valment manufactured 12 or 20 gauge over/under shotgun with 26", 28", or 30" barrels, single-selective trigger and extractors. Blued with a walnut stock. Imported between 1970 and 1978.

Excellent: $800
    Very Good: $650
    Good: $500
    Fair: $350
    Poor: $250

That said, I will offer you $200 for it :D

Top Bottom