• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Serious question. Now that he is cleared of all charges, I understand the firearm is still part of another prosecution related to the straw purchase charges against his friend (which I think will fail as well). What is the process for retrieving property after a trial regarding similar circumstances?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I thought it was his friend's AR and he was just borrowing it. :dunno:
    I think the story goes that Dominic got it for Kyle but kept it at his house because he was'nt 18 and could'nt legally buy it and own it yet. I think they thought it was a way around it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I thought it was his friend's AR and he was just borrowing it. :dunno:

If the buddy had bought the rifle with his own money, there'd be no issue. Or at least much less of one.

Kyle gave his buddy the money and told his buddy to buy it for him then hold it until he was 18. The buddy did so. Time passes. Kyle wants the rifle for his outing in Kenosha The buddy then "lent" Kyle the rifle he was holding until he turned 18. I can't see any way that's NOT a straw purchase. Once I give you money to buy a gun for me that's pretty bright line.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the story goes that Dominic got it for Kyle but kept it at his house because he was'nt 18 and could'nt legally buy it and own it yet. I think they thought it was a way around it.
    If the buddy had bought the rifle with his own money, there'd be no issue. Or at least much less of one.

Kyle gave his buddy the money and told his buddy to buy it for him then hold it until he was 18. The buddy did so. Time passes. Kyle wants the rifle for his outing in Kenosha The buddy then "lent" Kyle the rifle he was holding until he turned 18. I can't see any way that's NOT a straw purchase. Once I give you money to buy a gun for me that's pretty bright line.
    Ah, okay I must have been going off old information. Thanks for the clarification!

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    correct

Correct me if I wrong, but isn't one of the conditions of a straw purchase, that the actual buyer is a known prohibited person by the purchaser?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There is no federal law restricting a 17 year old individual from possessing a long gun. There are state laws with age limits. Of course there are federal laws preventing the sale of long guns to people under 18 yoa. Looks like the purchaser of the AR-15 faces a couple of charges regarding the purchase and supplying of the rifle to Rittenhouse. I'm certain that the current administration will be introducing more restrictive firearms legislation and use this incident to drum up support.

Top Bottom