• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Looks like the southern part of the state could see 1/2" of ice and around 3" of snow starting Friday and ending by the end of Sunday this weekend. Not going to be fun for us. Last time we had a good ice storm, I was stuck without power for a week. Good luck and be safe to everyone around here!

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I just watched the weather and in the southern part on the KY border it's looking to be quite a bit of ice and freezing rain. Mainly on Saturday night-Sunday morning. The stuff coming through Friday night just looks like rain, but they said it will freeze by Saturday morning.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I just watched the weather and in the southern part on the KY border it's looking to be quite a bit of ice and freezing rain. Mainly on Saturday night-Sunday morning. The stuff coming through Friday night just looks like rain, but they said it will freeze by Saturday morning.
    sorry bro, but no, just rain! I have to much stuff to do this weekend to deal with snow and ice:laugh:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Just keep watching the weather stations and before long, it will be a full blown ice blizzard with no chance of survival. I still don't know how I made it thru that last 3" blizzard we had. Or the one in 78.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    It is pretty amazing how the meteorologists react to such storms. But I do understand they don't want to underestimate a storm and it have severe consequences.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Last time we had a major ice storm down here we lost power for 3 days. Toped off my generator, toped off my gas cans, and brought in a **** load of fire wood in the house. I'm ready, now I just need more beer. :):

What sucks is that Friday I have my hand surgery... hope I can make it back from the hospital.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I have a wedding to go to saturday while my buckeyes play michigan state in the big ten title game. The wife says that if it snows too bad we arent driving all the way to lafayette for the wedding. Fingers crossed for "snows too bad" whatever that means.

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Got the BFG TA's on the Suburban and 15gal of gas for the generator(just incase) The Alarm co hates power outages
    And for the predictions of the weather, This is Indiana folks sooooooo

Everybody be carefull ! The wife is in the medical field so she has to go to work(in a Subaru). I'll be fine it is just the loved ones and the tribe I worry about !

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which is why I used today as the day I took the opportunity to make a repair the gas shutoff valve in my basement. Saw Friday's forecast of 27°F high and snow and today's forecast of 56°F high and it was a no-brainer. I'm rather proud of myself. Black pipe full of NG scares the **** outta me, but it was just a cleaning and lubing. No big deal. Relighting the newish water heater was easy. Relighting the ancient damn furnace was a pain in the ass, but I still have functional heating, so… sub-zero temps, do your worst!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm not worried about it. House is in good working order as are the Jeeps so if it's as bad as they say, we're ready.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Last I heard, Indy was getting 4-6" of snow. Looks like no range time for me this weekend.

Why would you let a little snow stop you from going to the range? Do you think when the SHTF that it will only be during good weather? Better to find out now if your rifle and pistol will run in cold weather or not than when you really need them.

There will be 15 to 20 liberty minded AMERICAN's shooting in this weather all weekend at an Appleseed in Nashville, IN. A little snow's not going to stop us.

Top Bottom