• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I remember once when i was little in Washington we went hunting for snipes. Didnt catch anything, but i was wondering if you have snipes in Indiana?

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I've only caught 2, and they were both in the middle of a blackberry bush. I think they like to pick at the berries inside.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just make sure you have the proper stamp on your hunting license.

DNR: Waterfowl & Migratory Game Birds

Stamps - Valid federal and Indiana migratory waterfowl stamps are required.
    Shot restrictions - Approved non-toxic shot only.

Migratory game birds include:
    • rails
    • dove
    • moorhens
    • woodcock
    • snipe
    • teal
    • Canada goose

You also must only hunt during the correct season:

SpeciesHunting Dates

Snipe (Common)

Sept. 1 - Dec. 16

Daily bag limit: 8 and Possession limit: 16;

Shooting hours: half-hour before sunrise to sunset HIP Registration Required

I remember years ago when we used to quail hunt that one of the questions you had to answer when getting the quail stamp was "Do you plan on hunting snipe." Always thought that was a joke! :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Snipe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Commonsnipe67.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I haven't been snipe hunting since I was in Boy Scouts. I wonder if they are still as plentiful now as they were then...

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I remember going as a kid. It was a blast. I was usually a beater, as opposed to the one "holding the bag". I would recommend it.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Big passel of them in the woods behind my Grandma and Grandpa's old farm house between Huntingburg and Holland.

Years of my younger cousins hunting them has culled the herd though.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I have a line of custom whittled snipe calls that I sell. These are works of art and are a labor of love. As is well known and documented, the snipe call can only be heard by snipe. These have been field tested and hand tuned for the midwestern snipe that is indiginous to this area. I offer these for sale only on a order ahead basis but have availability here in the next few months. I normally get $600.00-$700.00 for these custom beauties but will offer them to INGO members for $550.00 If there is enough interest, I can do a group buy as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I have a line of custom whittled snipe calls that I sell. These are works of art and are a labor of love. As is well known and documented, the snipe call can only be heard by snipe. These have been field tested and hand tuned for the midwestern snipe that is indiginous to this area. I offer these for sale only on a order ahead basis but have availability here in the next few months. I normally get $600.00-$700.00 for these custom beauties but will offer them to INGO members for $550.00 If there is enough interest, I can do a group buy as well.

How many do we need for a group buy? :D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Took my sister and some of her (very cute) college friends snipe hunting YEARS ago. Gave them flashlights and bags, then walked them back into the woods (what is Avon's park, now). I turned off my light, and wandered back to the truck, making some whistling sounds as I went. They showed up 30 minutes or so later, and were SWEARING they saw/heard snipes! Good times....

Top Bottom