• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    I have a customer that brought a M&P to me to have it coated, now over my tenure I’ve done quite a few of these and shields, most have had rolled extractor Roll Pins in them. This one has a solid stainless pin in it.
    This sob is in there..I’ve tried roll
    pin punches, starter punches, cup head punches, Heat, Cold, soaked it in (acetone, PB Blaster, hydrosonic cleaned it, crockpot with ATF/20w with heat) it, took it to a machine shop and tried a press…Nuthin Notta not a tidbit of movement! Anyone had this experience and know of a tip or trick I’m not aware of? The angle of your tongue you have to hold to get the pin to move..anything! My only other thought is it was oversized when assembled..they prom dated it in…and it’s just there forever

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have a customer that brought a M&P to me to have it coated, now over my tenure I’ve done quite a few of these and shields, most have had rolled extractor Roll Pins in them. This one has a solid stainless pin in it.
    This sob is in there..I’ve tried roll
    pin punches, starter punches, cup head punches, Heat, Cold, soaked it in (acetone, PB Blaster, hydrosonic cleaned it, crockpot with ATF/20w with heat) it, took it to a machine shop and tried a press…Nuthin Notta not a tidbit of movement! Anyone had this experience and know of a tip or trick I’m not aware of? The angle of your tongue you have to hold to get the pin to move..anything! My only other thought is it was oversized when assembled..they prom dated it in…and it’s just there forever

Heat and Kroil at the same time has always worked for me, even on really old stuff. The Kroil should bubble when you spray it on.

Top Bottom