• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    Last evening, in broad daylight, my truck was hit by a "smash and grab" thief. It was parked at Long Horn Restaurant on East Washington St. between 6:30 and 7:30. They broke out the right rear passenger window and took my brief case containing my Dell lap top and my Ruger LC 9. If in this area, actually any area near Washington Sq. DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR VEHICLE. The officer that took the report stated there have been several of these every day in that area. Also, if anyone happens to come accross an LC9 for sale that could be this one please message me with the S/N and I will see if it matches. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That sucks.

ALSO: OP

In before someone blames you for arming a criminal by leaving your weapon 'unsecured' instead of blaming the piece of **** criminal for being a piece of **** criminal by robbing you.

dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    That really sucks, sorry to hear about it. Were there a lot of cars around yours??

Yes there were several cars in the parking lot. I parked approx. 150-200 feet from the front door. Maybe 150 feet away from Washington St. Police officer told me it is a very common problem in that area EVERY DAY. Lesson learned. I will think twice before going anywhere around Washington Square in the future.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... In before someone blames you for arming a criminal by leaving your weapon 'unsecured' instead of blaming the piece of **** criminal for being a piece of **** criminal by robbing you.

Or nails him for NOT carrying his gun, instead of leaving it in the car.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    My daughter used to work in that area (at a pharmacy). Had her catalytic convertor cut off from her car as it sat in the parking lot in broad daylight.

dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    I am from that area, and frequent longhorns and have never even heard of this being a "common" problem.

One of the managers came out and asked me if I would call their corporate office and complain because they would not allow them to install security cameras even though this has happened several times. They took my info and the General Manager was supposed to contact me today but I have not heard anything yet. The officer said all around Washington Sq. was a hot area for this. Multiple reports each day.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Indy east side. Used to be nice...30 years ago. Now it's a battle zone. Most businesses are closed.

E Wash St is a :poop: hole ....

I won't let my wife go to Meijer or Wally World over there. Ain't safe.

Oh for crying out loud, that is not a bad area. I grew up out here, I live a few minutes from Washington Sq, and I patrol out here. It's not that bad. Washington St is NOT a crap hole...38th St is. What is unsafe about Meijer and WalMart? My wife food shops there quite often. Most the businesses are NOT closed, there are quite a few but I noticed when traveling through the surrounding counties that they too have a buttload of closed businesses as well...crappy economy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Oh for crying out loud, that is not a bad area. I grew up out here, I live a few minutes from Washington Sq, and I patrol out here. It's not that bad. Washington St is NOT a crap hole...38th St is. What is unsafe about Meijer and WalMart? My wife food shops there quite often. Most the businesses are NOT closed, there are quite a few but I noticed when traveling through the surrounding counties that they too have a buttload of closed businesses as well...crappy economy.

No offense sir, but you don't get out of there much do you? Last few times I've been in that area has been intimidating.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Oh for crying out loud, that is not a bad area. I grew up out here, I live a few minutes from Washington Sq, and I patrol out here. It's not that bad. Washington St is NOT a crap hole...38th St is.

Just because 38th Street IS a crap hole, does not mean that the E. Washington St. area is NOT.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

Agreed 100 percent coming from someone who lives less than 4 minutes from there, and I am also a fireman on the east side.... I have worked in the bad areas of the city, and eastgate is FAR from it. Its only a bad area if you don't know the difference between a black person and a thug. I personally think Washington square and the surrounding area is given a bad rap mostly because of the cultural differences.

Top Bottom