• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I have them on 2 SKS's.

They were pretty easy to install - had to file down the pin on the lever that holds the buffer cover on (yeah, I'm sure my terms are wrong). So there may be a way to not have to do that, but I'm not savvy enough - so i would have to buy a replacement part if i wanted it to be a stock SKS again.

I really like them, the longer site picture is GREAT.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Also, I think you can get them cheaper at other stores. Check the link below - exact same thing from the same mfg, etc.

SKS Sights

I always think its weird how buy direct from the MFG costs more than a lot of other online stores... Maybe they need to keep that MSRP up - but you would think they would want to sell as many direct as possible.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Have a set on my Russian SKS. Work Great. there are enough set screws to secure the rear sight in place it will take a lot of recoil to loosen them up. Little lok tite helps though.

Installation was pretty easy. like others said file down the pin in the rear and easy done. I removed my OEM rear sight to keep line of sight clear.

GripnRip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    filing down...

Just curious what you used to file down the rear pin??? Do the sights come with instructions? I'm pretty handy but no gunsmith.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Just curious what you used to file down the rear pin??? Do the sights come with instructions? I'm pretty handy but no gunsmith.

On one I used a pair of vice grps to pull it out - think it might have been threaded.

The other I just used a regular metal file.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Had it on an SKS years ago and loved it. Probably the best upgrade to the SKS IMHO. Gives you a sight picture like and AR or M1 and really allows the gun to shoot more accurately because of the improve sighting system.

Top Bottom