• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Gun shops. :D. You can watch the marketplace here on INGO after you do your 50 post thing, or get in instantly by being a "site supporter" with a Paypal donation of $20 I think it is. You can also post a wanted ad on the wanted board. I found a few guns that way.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I need to post pictures of all of mine! I started out with one SKS with a french tickler....now I have atleast one from every country...But I will be getting rid of one extra soon!

Moral of the story. Do not put an SKS with a french tickler in the safe.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I have five. Three Type 56's, a Yugo and a Russian. They may not have the limelight like the AK, but they are more accurate. Mine are all original because I want to preserve their history.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I have five. Three Type 56's, a Yugo and a Russian. They may not have the limelight like the AK, but they are more accurate. Mine are all original because I want to preserve their history.

Preserving history is certainly a noble endeavor, but not near as effective as a scope and a stack of loaded 20-round Tapco mags when finding oneself smack-dab in the middle of SHTFville. :D I'm more interested in preserving MY OWN history.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have a Yugo. I took it to the range last weekend. I kept getting light primer strikes. Looks like I have to take the bolt down tomorrow and clean the cosmoline out or get a spring loaded firing pin.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I've got a well preserved Russian one. Bought it on a whim at a gun show several years ago. Shoots well but there are other rifles I favor.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Recently sold my yugo. I like stripper fed battle rifles but favor my AR bucause of the greater accuracy and lighter weight. Cleaning the safe of anything made of wood and blued steel. New school is the way to go. They are fun and I can appreciate the history behind them. Love the 7.62 power factor. Definatly got people looking when I would cut loose on steel right before dark. May go with another 30 cal upper and build something a little heavier in a AR.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    SKSorigStockbayo-1.jpg

SKSdisassembled.jpg

SKSTapcoStock.jpg

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Preserving history is certainly a noble endeavor, but not near as effective as a scope and a stack of loaded 20-round Tapco mags when finding oneself smack-dab in the middle of SHTFville. :D I'm more interested in preserving MY OWN history.

I agree. I made the rifle mine I still have all the original pieces if i decide to sell it but it was bought for SHTF. And with multi millions of this rifle its history is pretty established.
    That being said my SKS is a Sino Soviet as mentioned and is treated as such.

Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    I have a Russian, that was new when purchased. I'm not sure which plant it was built in. It has a star with an arrow in it on the receiver. I've ruined it as a collector because I ground off the bayonet lug and added a ramline sporter stock but I never entend to sell it any way. It was purchased way back 15 or more years ago before they became desirable and I only paid $152 for it. Mines not the most accurate rifle I own but it's fine as a truck gun/ home defence gun.

Top Bottom