• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Merits or demerits of the design aside, if I'm spending $500 on an upper, it needs to come with a nice barrel, a good bcg, a decent hand guard and a bcm charging handle.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Merits or demerits of the design aside, if I'm spending $500 on an upper, it needs to come with a nice barrel, a good bcg, a decent hand guard and a bcm charging handle.

I'd spend it on a JP side charger w/o barrel and handguard :)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    F-1 has been selling guns with these uppers and lowers for a while.

They are for mainly for competition and race guns, not duty or SHTF rifles. It is the same as shooters building Glock 34s with all kinds of machining, mag wells, bridge mounts, etc. Really only practical for the former applications.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    My comment wasn't weather or not it would function as much as whether or not you would want hot gasses be vented directly into your face while shooting. It does not look like it was much of an issue in that video with that setup. I would be interested to see what would happen if you put a suppressor on the end of it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I would not shoot that. A standard A2 configuration will leak gas/smoke into your eye on a still day. That goofy thing would not be a riflemans rifle on any day. In my economy, it does not matter how "snazzy" something looks if it does not work right.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I would not shoot that. A standard A2 configuration will leak gas/smoke into your eye on a still day. That goofy thing would not be a riflemans rifle on any day. In my economy, it does not matter how "snazzy" something looks if it does not work right.

Again, it is for 3 Gun competitions. 3G is even in the part number...

Top Bottom