• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    I just picked up a zastava n pap rifle, I was so eager with the price that I didn't do the proper research. IT ONLY TAKES SINGLE STACK MAGS!!! Well, I'm frustrated, but I hear there is hope. I hear there is a conversion to make it accept double stack mags. Is anyone familiar with this procedure? Anyone done it before? Anyone have any idea on the cost?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I thought the "new" ones were capable of using double stack magazines? I think the old one tat only used single stack has a bayonet lug and grenade sights whereas the new one that uses th double stack magazines does not have a bayonet stud nor the grenade sights.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I betchya mark highsmith at HIGHSMITH GUNS could do this no problem. I have seen a few conversions that he has done in the past.

he is in greenfield so not to far from you either.

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Ignore the title, I converted mine to double stack. it's a headache unelss you want to go through the effort of drilling out the front trunnion and re-riveting when finished. I didn't, but hindsight being what it is, I should have. 20130205_003756.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    You know for some reason I've always liked the Zastava single stacks. If the thumbhole stocks weren't anti-lefterian, I'd probably have one for a range AK.

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    I feel your pain, I'm left handed too. The price I've been getting from folks to get this done is around 200-250, not including the new bolt.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I feel your pain, I'm left handed too. The price I've been getting from folks to get this done is around 200-250, not including the new bolt.

What did the gun run roughly price wise. Maybe sell it & buy a standard AK? How bad is the stock for a lefty?

Top Bottom