• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    A update of what has been happening with SCCC.
    The club purchased a new property a year ago and the BOD has been working on getting it reopened.
    Well SCCC will be opening 12/10/2023.
    We are having a membership meeting at the range on the 10th at Noon and after the meeting first shots will be fired.
    Things are moving fast and the club has had some tremendous breaks happen.
    The range is opening with 7 beautiful shooting bays. Hopefully carports will be up by the end of the year.
    Phase two is already starting and that will include 4 more shooting bays and a rifle range. 22 and PCC only for now but we are working on High Power Rifle in the near future and MAYBE by the time the range is complete we will be OK on the High Power Rifle part and possibly the clearing work for a trap range.
    There is A LOT of work still to do so bear with us as things unfold. Every time we are on the range we think of something else that need to be done. :ugh:
    Fingers crossed that we might have a STEEL match in January and IDPA and USPSA can resume later. We have to build a lot of walls and necessary range equipment before those matches(IDPA and USPSA) can happen.
    We will be getting steel targets on the range ASAP for members to enjoy. Plate racks and steel USPSA/IDPA silhouettes will be put on the range.
    The more help we get from members the sooner we can get back to matches and having a awesome place to shoot for members.

The main reason for this post is we are now taking new members and you can start the process now to become a member.

http://silvercreekcc.org/become-a-m...ase3JILoRZBIYHdFdyEY7INfzHQj4p7eLiu0zbFOAMfK4

New address:11307 Brownstown Road, Underwood, Indiana, 47177

Let me know if any questions.

Last edited:

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Sounds great happy to see Silver Creek back in action ! Please add Skeet houses to the trap range if you get that far.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Sounds great happy to see Silver Creek back in action ! Please add Skeet houses to the trap range if you get that far.
    Trap was very small presence at the old SCCC but still a important part for the members that participated in it. It wasn't really a even a small money maker but wasn't hurting us either. I hope we have enough interest in it to keep it going.
    I used to shoot a LOT of trap and skeet and while I haven't in a long time I would love to see SCCC have a solid Trap and a Skeet setup.
    Money and interest and someone interested in running it could put it up for discussion.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Congratulations! I can’t imagine the work the board has put in to make the club operational again!

We built a clubhouse and had meeting after meeting to make sure everything was perfect, I could only imagine the stress involved in building a entire range!

I look forward to shooting some matches there!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Congratulations! I can’t imagine the work the board has put in to make the club operational again!

We built a clubhouse and had meeting after meeting to make sure everything was perfect, I could only imagine the stress involved in building a entire range!

I look forward to shooting some matches there!
    Hopefully we will have that problem in a couple years. A clubhouse looks so far away but to be honest the next four bays and rifle range was what I figured was a 5 year goal and here we are starting on it right away.
    I might give you a shout when we get ready to start a clubhouse as you guys have a idea of everything involved.:runaway:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Hopefully we will have that problem in a couple years. A clubhouse looks so far away but to be honest the next four bays and rifle range was what I figured was a 5 year goal and here we are starting on it right away.
    I might give you a shout when we get ready to start a clubhouse as you guys have an idea of everything involved.:runaway:
    It took us at least 10 years to get the clubhouse we have now! The club started in the 70’s or 80’s! We had a small members room that also was a storage facility for the groups that we have (steel challenge, idpa, machine gun and our youth fest committee) and I honestly don’t know how long we’ve had that building!

The big push for our club house (I mean training facility) happened during COVID, we had a local company that let us use their party room, but stopped due to COVID, then they were sold a told us we wouldn’t be able to use it anymore, we used a church gym a few times, then ended up at the American legion (they charged us 100 dollars per use) but wouldn’t commit to letting us use it every month, since being elected to our board, I always pushed for the building, in fact I got into a very vocal…”discussion” at a meet with someone who didn’t think we needed one about why we needed one! (I was told by the club president to calm down!, I actually stood up and said “where are you? Where are you at right now? You came to a meeting to discuss why we don’t need a building to have meetings at!” (A few board members actually patted me on the back and said you’re exactly right…but you shouldn’t have said it “that way!” lol

Since it opened early this year, I’ve heard nothing but complements on it!

I’d be glad to put you in touch with the guy who did all the legwork, all I did was vote on things.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    The more help we get from members the sooner we can get back to matches and having a awesome place to shoot for members.

The main reason for this post is we are now taking new members and you can start the process now to become a member.
    Do you still need the sponsorship of 2 members to join SCCC or is there an exception being made for the reopening?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Do you still need the sponsorship of 2 members to join SCCC or is there an exception being made for the reopening?
    Yes still need 2 member signatures. Also need to attend a membership meeting and introduce yourself. Usually not a problem getting application signed at meeting. I have signed several for people that I have just met.

Top Bottom