• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Doesn't bother me if people own a suppressor for every firearm the have / choose.

Don't even understand why there's a restriction on 'em of any sort. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I couldn't comment on the other website. But if I could, this is what I would have said:

A suppressor for your firearm is no different than purchasing a muffler for your car. There are more benefits to suppressing the noise of a firearm than hunting including reduced noise polution from ranges (the neighbors appreciate it), noise polution in your neighborhood, reduced risk of hearing loss to the shooter and anyone nearby. The hunting benefit isn't for multiple shots, it's so the game isn't spooked by the report in a close shot increasing the odds of a good hit and quick clean kill. It's also important to note that most European countries that have much stricter gun laws than the US, suppressors are not regulated. Regulating suppressors is mainly a US practice. Relaxing hunting laws (as in Indiana this year) to include suppressors is the main reason for the rise in suppressor purchasing. Regulating suppressors has had no affect on crime rates but it does generate a great deal of tax revenue.

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    I couldn't comment on the other website. But if I could, this is what I would have said:

A suppressor for your firearm is no different than purchasing a muffler for your car. There are more benefits to suppressing the noise of a firearm than hunting including reduced noise polution from ranges (the neighbors appreciate it), noise polution in your neighborhood, reduced risk of hearing loss to the shooter and anyone nearby. The hunting benefit isn't for multiple shots, it's so the game isn't spooked by the report in a close shot increasing the odds of a good hit and quick clean kill. It's also important to note that most European countries that have much stricter gun laws than the US, suppressors are not regulated. Regulating suppressors is mainly a US practice. Relaxing hunting laws (as in Indiana this year) to include suppressors is the main reason for the rise in suppressor purchasing. Regulating suppressors has had no affect on crime rates but it does generate a great deal of tax revenue.

Well said!!

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    I've had friends ask what I would need a suppressor for. When I tell them "if I'm shooting alone, it eliminates the need for hearing protection...plus, it's really, really cool."

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    From the article.

"The AR-15 weapons platform is very modular," said Shim, referring to a type of rifle used by the U.S. military. "It's like Barbie for men."

Ha!

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I'd bet sales would be much higher if more people had the opportunity to use one. As soon as I'm able I'll be defiantly purchasing one!

Top Bottom