• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I find some sheds, mostly small ones. Don't know if I'm just looking in the wrong places or late. I was out last Sunday and saw 3 8 point bucks with antlers still attached. When I hunt in the HNF I always find bones of unrecovered deer and the shells of those turtles you can't pick up..

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Got bit by a skeeter yesterday evening. :( My guess is that the ticks are going to be stirring around soon also. :xmad:

I find some sheds, mostly small ones. Don't know if I'm just looking in the wrong places or late. I was out last Sunday and saw 3 8 point bucks with antlers still attached. When I hunt in the HNF I always find bones of unrecovered deer and the shells of those turtles you can't pick up..
    Our big boy finally lost his about a week or 10 days ago. The 8 he's been running with the last month or so had one side still on last night.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Got bit by a skeeter yesterday evening. :( My guess is that the ticks are going to be stirring around soon also. :xmad:

Our big boy finally lost his about a week or 10 days ago. The 8 he's been running with the last month or so had one side still on last night.
    I'm familar with parts of Perry county, used to hunt in the St. Meinrad Abbey woods with a good friend who lived there. We would change off through the season, me hunting there and him hunting at my place near the Lawrence, Martin, Orange corner.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm familar with parts of Perry county, used to hunt in the St. Meinrad Abbey woods with a good friend who lived there. We would change off through the season, me hunting there and him hunting at my place near the Lawrence, Martin, Orange corner.
    Lots of nice country in both areas. Had a friend who's family had some acreage a little south of Hindostan Falls. Many years ago I spent more than a few mornings up there chasing squirrels around their woods.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Sandhills are here in N. IN. Saw some circling few days ago. Have a large wetland area just to south where they "camp" while in my area. Really, really loud last couple days.

Still had 90% plus of lake ice covered Monday. Not 10% left today. Ducks, geese, mute swans showing early mating antics. Robins, honey bees, lot of little black bugs and flies of late.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just found a little clump of crocuses coming up in the middle of the grass near my driveway. Never was a flowerbed there, so I don't know where they came from! They weren't there last year or any other time. They just "appeared" out of nowhere this year. My only guess would be that a chipmunk dug some bulbs out of a flowerbed and buried them there.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    1. Sandhill Cranes flying over our house like squadrons of B-17s over Berlin in 1944.
    2. Two eagles cruised past me and the dog while walking at Morse Park by the dam.
    3. Saw a bee on the front porch.

Top Bottom