• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Anybody have any experience with Sig Sauer suppressors? I was looking at their SRD556QD or SRD762QD but as new as they are to the suppressor market was looking for some feedback on them first. Not buying anything too soon so I still have plenty of time to research.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Acme Sports down in Seymour has some Sig suppressors in stock. They actually have more available NFA items than any other shop I've ever visited in the state. They'd be a good option to take a short roadtrip down to and pick their brains.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've shot the SRD45 and the SRD762TI.

The 45 can has a pop to it, not a super quiet 45 can but they don't advertise it as such. Didn't shoot them side by side but sounded like a tirant 45 to me.

My Saker is quieter than the 762 can (both shooting 556), but it sounded pretty well overall. For the price and size of a 762 qd can, pretty good value IMO

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    I have used the Sig cans in demo's and they all seem for the money to be a quality silencer. The 7.62 on a .300blkout is so quiet it is almost unreal!

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Acme Sports down in Seymour has some Sig suppressors in stock. They actually have more available NFA items than any other shop I've ever visited in the state. They'd be a good option to take a short roadtrip down to and pick their brains.

I actually bought a Sig 516 from them at the last gun show and was briefly talking to them about Sig and Silencer Co suppressors. Both companies have their own program for LEO prices is why I was looking at them.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I've shot the SRD45 and the SRD762TI.

The 45 can has a pop to it, not a super quiet 45 can but they don't advertise it as such. Didn't shoot them side by side but sounded like a tirant 45 to me.

My Saker is quieter than the 762 can (both shooting 556), but it sounded pretty well overall. For the price and size of a 762 qd can, pretty good value IMO

Sig's prices is why I was looking at them. I don't have any suppressors yet, would you say the noise difference is going to be noticeable to somebody new to suppressors? Or worth the extra money to go quieter? Or not enough difference to justify the extra cost of other brands?

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I have used the Sig cans in demo's and they all seem for the money to be a quality silencer. The 7.62 on a .300blkout is so quiet it is almost unreal!

I haven't spent the money to get into 300 blackout yet, but I like how suppressor friendly the caliber is. For now I'm mostly looking for a 556/762 can and then eventually a 45cal handgun can. Not sure whether to get a rifle or handgun suppressor first though.

HKNUT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Palmyra
    While they are good Suppressors you can save some cash and get the same end result while supporting a local Indiana company and go with a Huntertown Arms can. Ive shot the Sig cans in 5.56 and 7.62 and they are great suppressors but I don't see or hear the difference between them and my Huntertown Arms cans other than the higher price point really. JMO. If youre looking for a QD then there is a QD adapter out for the HA direct thread cans also and it works very well!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sig's prices is why I was looking at them. I don't have any suppressors yet, would you say the noise difference is going to be noticeable to somebody new to suppressors? Or worth the extra money to go quieter? Or not enough difference to justify the extra cost of other brands?

For the rifle suppressor, probably not. The 762 steel QD can would serve you just fine and you'd be happy with it. Pistol suppressor, 9mm subs are quiet. Some suppressors make 9mm subs more quiet than others or the tone is different, but starting out, again, I doubt you'd be displeased with the SR45. Shooting 45acp through it, it's hearing safe and tones it down a lot, but finding a stupid quiet 45 can is kinda hard anyway.

Shooting cans side by side with other cans is about the only good way to tell the difference between cans. You'd be happy with either, suppression is a good thing

While they are good Suppressors you can save some cash and get the same end result while supporting a local Indiana company and go with a Huntertown Arms can. Ive shot the Sig cans in 5.56 and 7.62 and they are great suppressors but I don't see or hear the difference between them and my Huntertown Arms cans other than the higher price point really. JMO. If youre looking for a QD then there is a QD adapter out for the HA direct thread cans also and it works very well!

I'd trust the Sig can way more, supporting an Indiana company isn't as cracked up as people say. The Sig cans are a great value and I guarantee the Sig can would do better on shorter barrels. The AAC 762SD even a little long is a great value QD 30 cal can but the Huntertown centerfire cans........just can't do it

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Sig Can is way better for the money. You will also get Great Customer Service from them. Prices of the Sig cans are amazing compared to others in the industry.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Not just no, but heck no. Huntertown makes OK cans, but their customer service absolutely blows. If these were pick up off the rack, cash and carry items, that wouldn't be as big a deal, given their price point. Since they are basically lifetime purchases (no one's going to give you crap for your used can) make sure you buy from a reputable company. Huntertown hasn't backed up their products the way the better companies on the market have.

Steer clear.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

Kirk_you-must-be-new-here.png

Deereman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Greencastle
    I'll let you know in a couple of months. I have the 762 qd titanium in nfa jail at a local shop. My blackouts are patiently waiting lol. I'd done a lot of research. Sig came out on top in dec rating, and durability. And their price was pretty decent. I paid more for the titanium bc I wanted lightest plus the vids I'd seen. It was a tick more quiet

Top Bottom