• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Anyone dislike the P365 after they bought and carried it awhile? Does this one work well carried in a IWB setup? Just curious as it has my interest but wondering if I would like the xl better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Love my 365. Carries easily IWB for me using a hybrid IWB holster.

Real decision between 365 and XL is mostly what slide length you want, and if you want optic ready or not. Grip modules are relatively cheap and easily swapped between XL and 365.

Also 365 XL module is the same grip size as 365 with 12 round magazine, but you may prefer the XL module feel over the 365 with 12 round mag just due to where the mag sleeve contacts the hand.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Love my 365. Carries easily IWB for me using a hybrid IWB holster.

Real decision between 365 and XL is mostly what slide length you want, and if you want optic ready or not. Grip modules are relatively cheap and easily swapped between XL and 365.

Also 365 XL module is the same grip size as 365 with 12 round magazine, but you may prefer the XL module feel over the 365 with 12 round mag just due to where the mag sleeve contacts the hand.
    Which holster are you liking?

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I use a Crossbreed mini tuck in Founder's leather.

My preferred IWB holsters are either Crossbreed or Galco King Tuk.
    Own these for several different guns and used them for several years. Some folks will prefer just kydex, but I like the hybrid.

No appendix carry for me.
    Thanks. I agree with the no appendix carry for me either.

I really like the Garrett industry Silent Thunder holsters and my main carry holster is a Crossbreed. I would like to really find a small setup. The 18 oz weight from the p365 intrigues me.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Carried a P365 for several years, but always with the 12 round magazine as I want a full grip on a pistol. Upgraded to the P365x , threw a 507k on it and love the pistol even more now. The perfect CCW pistol IMHO

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I had one for a while and it was too small for my hands...not the length of the grip, but the circumference. I couldn't close my hand around it securely and pull the trigger, and because of my lose grip, the recoil would slap the trigger against my finger and pinch it something fierce. I resolved this with a Hogue slip-on grip sleeve (I used the generic handall jr, but I think they make one specifically designed for the P365 now). It made a world of difference, but I ultimately ended up trading that gun for a P320 Subcompact, as it fit my hand even better, didn't need the sleeve, and can accept mags from my larger 320s if necessary.

The P320SC is a little bigger than the P365, but not so much as to prevent me from carrying it in any manner that I carried the P365. I guess if you pocket carry it would be a bit big for that, but I don't consider either of those guns a viable candidate for pocket carry, anyway, with their pre-tensioned strikers and very short and light trigger pulls.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I’ll echo 92 and say that the grip was too small for me. I put a hogue on it which helped a lot but then it was basically equivalent to carrying a double stack so what’s the point?
    Even with the mid size extended mag? The one that adds about an inch in length. Or is the circumference of the grip just that small?

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    365XL as edc here. Like it better with the Wilson Combat grip that allows me to get a better two handed grip on it. Works real well AIWB.
    It’s a hard decision but I feel I would like the xl better. I need to make a drive and handle a couple but wonder what the stores have in stock. Are they still scarce to find them?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The grip angle is why I sold mine. My NPOA was way too low. Great gun though. I went back to a Shield.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The grip angle is why I sold mine. My NPOA was way too low. Great gun though. I went back to a Shield.
    That's ironic because that is why I switched to the 365. My default presentation changed when I went from Glock to Walther and I needed something to mimic that. If I was still shooting irons it wouldn't have mattered that much, but pretty big deal with dots.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It’s a hard decision but I feel I would like the xl better. I need to make a drive and handle a couple but wonder what the stores have in stock. Are they still scarce to find them?

As stated before, and you may well be aware of this, don't make your decision just based on grip module and how it fits your hand, as those are swapped somewhat easily and fairly inexpensive. Slide length, optic cut, etc are the more important to make decisions between the 2 (or 3, if you count the X as well as the 365 and the XL)

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    As stated before, and you may well be aware of this, don't make your decision just based on grip module and how it fits your hand, as those are swapped somewhat easily and fairly inexpensive. Slide length, optic cut, etc are the more important to make decisions between the 2 (or 3, if you count the X as well as the 365 and the XL)
    I’m with you on that. There is a couple things that I like about each of the models. The weight of the 365 and the length of the xl. You have to give up one for the other. But realistically the change in weight for summer is what I would like to zero in on.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I shot mine fine but it took an extra second or two extra to get it placed right in my hand due to it being such a small grip. So I decided it wasn't for me as a daily carry piece.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I’m with you on that. There is a couple things that I like about each of the models. The weight of the 365 and the length of the xl. You have to give up one for the other. But realistically the change in weight for summer is what I would like to zero in on.
    I am also looking for a subcompact for t-shirt and shorts season. I have fondled the p365, x, xl, Ruger max-9, shield plus and a few others. I don’t shoot glocks well as natural POA is up and left and in a pistol for close quarters self defense I want something with a better natural POA. I currently carry a CZ 75 D PCR and theI shoot CZs really well but want a more concealable. Planing on renting the above and seeing how I shoot them soon. May also consider the Open to any other suggestions. Want to stay with at least 10 rnd 9mm

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    This pistol was a dream to carry. Light,small,great trigger, and had capacity.
    I just could not shoot it very well. Something about the grip angle didn't work for me.
    I sold it a month ago.

Top Bottom