• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 465guy

Sharpshooter
    Jan 12, 2008
    I have a Glock replica airsoft gun and it works very well for me. The only thing missing is the trigger safety. Never tried force on force but it is something on my -to do list-

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I have been thinking about picking up a G19 airsoft. I used to play with them as a kid and back then they were powered by gas or spring. I see many of them are now electric but I think the pistols still run on gas?

TD12

Marksman
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I have been thinking about picking up a G19 airsoft. I used to play with them as a kid and back then they were powered by gas or spring. I see many of them are now electric but I think the pistols still run on gas?

I know some of the pistols you can get are run off of gas and those are the ones with a high FPS on the bb. They still have spring loaded, but they seem to break easy and are cheap.

I never should have sold mine, I bought a bunch of them including a sniper rifle, M9 replica, and M4 carbine replica. When I was at Ft. Huachuca, they had a MOUT site where we did every Thursday and Sunday FOF training. Lots of fun, and I was a regular.

I don't know what abbreviations you guys know but, MOUT is Military Operations Urban Tactics.

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Jan 12, 2008
    TD was the military using airsoft in your training? And were there any tactics that you learned that could apply to civilian like me?

I don't know what abbreviations you guys know but, MOUT is Military Operations Urban Tactics.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I bought a couple of "faux .45s" as a prop for a Holloween costume one year. Then I blacked out the orange tip because it looked stupid hanging out of the bottom of the holster. They are cheap plastic but good for FoF. I used them with a cop friend of mine when he was in academy. I would sit in my car and pull it on him at random times and watch him react. Great fun.

72fv2fp.jpg

TD12

Marksman
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    TD was the military using airsoft in your training? And were there any tactics that you learned that could apply to civilian like me?

We didn't use the Airsoft for MOUT training, we used M.I.L.E.S. gear. It is basically laser tag with blanks, added an additional 30 pounds to our heavy gear already.

There are many tactics that could be used by civilians, i don't know how many of them could be talked through online, but If i can find some of my FM's (field manuals) I will bring them out with me.

I do have access to a MOUT city, at Camp Atterbury as well as the armory in Shelbyville. It is basically a small city with a couple 2 story buildings as well as 1 story U-shaped buildings and vehicles that provide cover.

I will see about getting a bunch of us in there sometime and use it for an airsoft war/fight setup.

I will keep you guys posted about that, as it is kinda fun.

I also have access to the range down at Atterbury.

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Jan 12, 2008
    That's awesome but I can't imagine they would let civilians join you. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I am not sure, but I have access to the M2 .50 cal, 240B 7.62x 54mm, the M249 SAW.... Possibly a MK19, and some other military weapons, I am good friends with the SGT Major down there with the 43rd and I can see what he can swing for me.

:biggun:

TD12

Marksman
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    That's awesome but I can't imagine they would let civilians join you. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I was told I could take a few people at a time. I went as a civilian, pre-army, with said SGT. Major.

It is possible, maybe? I will look into it more and see what we can do. We would have to break down and clean the weapons afterwards.

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Jan 12, 2008
    SWEET :biggun::thumbsup:

I was told I could take a few people at a time. I went as a civilian, pre-army, with said SGT. Major.

It is possible, maybe? I will look into it more and see what we can do. We would have to break down and clean the weapons afterwards.

Top Bottom