• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Does anyone have an opinion on the new Sig 522 coming out soon? My guess is it would sell for around $475. I have three ordered but wonder if it will do as well as the hype I read on this gun. They say because of the high cost of ammo more people are back to .22 cal for target shooting. They say it has the look and feel of the 556.

SIG522LR-detail2.jpg

SIG522LR-detail.jpg

SIG522LR-detail4.jpg

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Looks to be built better than the GSG-5. I wouldnt mind getting one. I've seen that people are always talking about them on other forums. I can see these go for more than retail easy.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Minimum Advertised Price on the 522 is supposed to be $450, and it's supposed to be out in June... I'll believe both when I see it!

2009shotshow-01162009-027.jpg

Photo courtesy of Dr. Ken Lunde

As an aside, we got one of the SIG tac lights in at the shop yesterday. At $189.95, it's about the cheapest light/laser combo I've seen. It features an LED light, offers several operating modes (light only, laser only, combo, light strobe), and is shallower than competing units b/c the laser is embedded in the bezel of the light itself rather than being slung underneath. Downsides are that it's a little longer and heavier than competing units, and the "switchology" is a bit complex (3 buttons on the side, 2 buttons on the rear).
    STL-900L-detail.jpg

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I put in a order last month

Michiana----Are you taking preorders or can you tell me who is taking preorders for the sig522?

I have ordered three, one for me and will sell two. I will take orders for the other two. Let me know if you want to reserve one?

Top Bottom