• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    How do you like your Sig 2022? Pros/cons? I just bought one NIB with NS yesterday and am going to shoot it tomorrow. Also I am in need of a holster for mine and some extra hicap mags. Have lots of trade stuff if anyone has mags or a holster to fit it they may want to let go of. Thanks! :ingo:

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    The Sig 2022 is a great pistol that is mostly over looked by the gun community for some reason.

Like it=yes.

Cons=it's not a Glock.

I think they are an improvement over their metallic predecessors.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

I agree, but we are in the minority. Which I guess is OK, cuz that keeps the guns relatively inexpensive. ;) I prefer the feel of the SP2022 over the other double-stack SIG pistols (including the 226/229 and the P250 family).

khangoc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    I have 2 hi-cap mags in 9mm for a 2022. I sold mine to switch to a M&P but I loved the gun. The only thing I would truly recommend for a 2022 to be better is to get a metal guide rod. The factory plastic one wears down fairly quickly-- doesn't really affect performance from what I noticed with mine but having a metal guide rod is just nice.

Pros over the P22X is that it's lighter, all come with factory NS, factory short triggers, easily swappable palm swells, rails (compared with the older sigs that don't have accessory rails), lower price (even compared to CPO sigs), and for me the manual of arms was better (easier decock and 1911-ish slide lock). Overall, the SP2022 is highly underrated Sig and a wonderful choice for anyone looking for a DA/SA service pistol.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have 2 hi-cap mags in 9mm for a 2022. I sold mine to switch to a M&P but I loved the gun. The only thing I would truly recommend for a 2022 to be better is to get a metal guide rod. The factory plastic one wears down fairly quickly-- doesn't really affect performance from what I noticed with mine but having a metal guide rod is just nice.

Pros over the P22X is that it's lighter, all come with factory NS, factory short triggers, easily swappable palm swells, rails (compared with the older sigs that don't have accessory rails), lower price (even compared to CPO sigs), and for me the manual of arms was better (easier decock and 1911-ish slide lock). Overall, the SP2022 is highly underrated Sig and a wonderful choice for anyone looking for a DA/SA service pistol.
    What would ya take for the mags you have?PM me.

Sporter ,I liked that it wasnt a Glock.
    Shooter:
    I like this one alot better than my 226 thats for sure. Fits and feels excellent in my hand and points well. Like the NS that was a plus.
    Thanks for the link r6. The only IWB I use for any gun will be a crossbreed! I think im going to go with a leather OWB maybe something with retention.

I did order me a metal guide rod and it should be here soon. Looking at a threaded barrel and the short trigger now. I will eventually end up getting a can for it. My boss just applied last month for his 03SOT. We are already an 01. Sports South had a good deal on some but we ordered the 15 round w/NS and got the 10 round w/NS. Sales guy said he would notify us when the 15 round mags came in. I was like WTF?

Last edited:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    The Sig 2022 is a great pistol that is mostly over looked by the gun community for some reason.

Like it=yes.

Cons=it's not a Glock.

Its not a glock and its a bad thing?:dunno:
    I love mine. It is my night stand gun. I did buy a holster for it for range use and it is pretty sweet for the money. It is a pretty fat gun so don't thing I'd want to IWB but if so I'd get a crossbreed supertuck.

here is the holster I bought:

Bianchi 4584 Evader Belt Holster Left Hand Sig Sauer P2022 Nylon Black - MidwayUSA

I wore IWB comfortably at about 2 o clock but have sinced moved to three o clock with this retention holster. I love the gun it carries great it shoots awesome and I have seen great debate about changing out the guide rod. I still have the plastic one in mine and have no issues. Mine is chambered in 40 and it handles better than the 9mm I had before it but it was a pocket gun so thats not a fair comparison.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere

I had no idea they made high capacity mags for the 2022. I know they make standard capacity 12rd and 15rd mags. Where did you get your high capacity mags?

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    What???? Man that was a great deal! Mine has the new milspec 1913 rail on it and finding a good holster has been an adventure in itself! The only 2 I could find so far that will fit it are the Serpa and the Desantis Tuck this II. I ordered a desantis but am looking for a good retention holster other than a Serpa for it.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    What???? Man that was a great deal! Mine has the new milspec 1913 rail on it and finding a good holster has been an adventure in itself! The only 2 I could find so far that will fit it are the Serpa and the Desantis Tuck this II. I ordered a desantis but am looking for a good retention holster other than a Serpa for it.

The ITAC paddle retention holster should still fit it as mine has the sig rail and has plenty of clearance.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    they looked like a good deal when i was cruising for a glock, local shop had one for $460. i went online to read about them, cause i never go into a purchase blind anymore, and came across several threads about them not lasting past a couple thousand rounds. maybe just lemons, anecdote or hearsay, i know you can find that about any gun, but it was enough to turn me off to them.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    they looked like a good deal when i was cruising for a glock, local shop had one for $460. i went online to read about them, cause i never go into a purchase blind anymore, and came across several threads about them not lasting past a couple thousand rounds. maybe just lemons, anecdote or hearsay, i know you can find that about any gun, but it was enough to turn me off to them.

at this point and what I have seen out of mine I just can't see that being true but time will tell.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Mine has more than a couple thousand rounds through it and it still runs like a top. Threaded barrels aren't something you'll find anytime soon. They do make them but nobody imports them. If anyone wants to know more about the 2022 platform go join the sig pro club in Ingo it has some great links to info that isn't readily out there

moresigs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Elkhart
    I found a Fobus I like for the SIG PRO. The model of the Fobus just says SG/PRO. Think i got it for like 15 or 20 dollar a few years ago.

sxshep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    This is a copy/paste from a range report thread I posted on OhioCCWforums...

Sig Pro SP2022
    Ilaflon coated slide, triple serial numbered, Sig night sights
    Purchased new
    Approximately 800 rounds fired by me so far

I bought this as somewhat of an impulse buy... a guy I knew won it in an auction, said he didn't like 9mm, so I got it for $450. The going rate is about $375-420 for a non-NS model, and $450-500 for one equiped with night sights.

My first impressions were something like "Ok well, this thing is kind of chunky... may be a bit big to carry, or awkward to shoot". I did like the DA trigger, a very smooth 10~lb. pull and a clean break, and I thought the SA pull was crisp as well at around 4-5lb. I really liked the night sights, and the grip angle all seemed pretty natural to me. However, the grip that came with the pistol (Medium) was a bit too large around the base and didn't seem too comfortable at the time.

I bought a Crossbreed Supertuck for it, but before carrying I wanted to break it in. I put about 250 rounds through it at the range (back in August, I remember it was 96 at the range that day) without a single hitch. The hot weather made my hands sweat, and I had a hard time keeping my grip on the pistol. Also, the medium grip was throwing my shots off a bit because my palm was putting too much pressure on the base of the grip. Overall, though, I LOVED how it shot. Very accurate when I could keep my slippery paws on it.

So I took it home, and ordered a small grip insert for it. That's one nice benefit to the Sig Pro line, there are three available inserts on the market. The grips arrived, and by this time I did a mild stippling job to the polymer frame of the pistol. Now, about 500 rounds later, the gun is one of the most comfortable guns I've shot, I've become very accurate with it, and I carry it everywhere I go.

I liked it so much, it replaced my M&P9c as my EDC gun... I wanted the extra rounds (12+1 for the M&P9c vs. 15+1 for the Sig Pro), night sights, and a DA/SA pistola for EDC. Nothing against the M&P9c, just personal preferrence.

Overall, I'd say this is one of, if not THE most under-rated pistols on the market today. I didn't even know Sig Sauer made a polymer pistol until the guy said he wanted to sell it
    icon_lol.gif
    . Great trigger, very accurate, Sig reliability and quality, and still under $500.

647d3226.jpg

Aside from all that... I carry mine in a Fobus paddle or a Crossbreed. If you're looking for a Fobus holster (or any, for that matter) some of the Springfield XD holsters will fit the Sig Pro. My paddle holster is for a XD and it fits alright. I'd like to get a stainless guide rod for it eventually; I have about 1500 rounds through mine and it's started to get a little chewed up but still has ran 100% since I bought it.

Get out and enjoy that thing, I love mine!

Top Bottom