• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I am so glad we pay a sales tax on gas, a gas tax that just went up and a tire tax, and vehicle registration just so the DOT can put in side walks while closing 2 lanes of the busiest 4 lane road in madison. When does the DOT ever actually get audited by the general assembly to see where they spend and how they do?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Speaking of 'sidewalks'... In a couple small towns I occasionally drive through, they redid the sidewalks and added the red bumpy dots at the ends... Some of these 'sidewalks' have been covered in sod for decades. I should have been in the business to refurb all the small town sidewalks... :n00b:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Speaking of 'sidewalks'... In a couple small towns I occasionally drive through, they redid the sidewalks and added the red bumpy dots at the ends... Some of these 'sidewalks' have been covered in sod for decades. I should have been in the business to refurb all the small town sidewalks... :n00b:
    Yea can't help but think the company that got the contract is located in same town as our new state rep.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And dont get me started on Indy.

If you pull a construction permit for ANY reason, if your property doesnt already have a sidewalk, you must add one as part of the project. Even if the project doesnt have any outdoor components to it.

So you want to remodel the interior and it needs a permit to do? Gotta add a sidewalk.

I guess its to make it so that eventually everybody's going to have a walk because eventually every property will get changed. Thats the theory anyway.

I'm pretty sure this sidewalk is now going on 10 years old. Zoom out and see just how ridiculous this is. Not another section on the entirety of the road.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009

If you pull a construction permit for ANY reason, if your property doesnt already have a sidewalk, you must add one as part of the project. Even if the project doesnt have any outdoor components to it.

So you want to remodel the interior and it needs a permit to do? Gotta add a sidewalk.

I guess its to make it so that eventually everybody's going to have a walk because eventually every property will get changed. Thats the theory anyway.

I'm pretty sure this sidewalk is now going on 10 years old. Zoom out and see just how ridiculous this is. Not another section on the entirety of the road.

That is maddening.. I emailed my step rep to ask when they plan on asking how the DOT spends their money cause it sure ain't on roads. I am sure itll be ignored like the other emails

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    The red bumpy dots are ADA ramps ya know for disabled people (ADA= American Disabled Act)

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis

And the new sidewalk is your improvement on your property but the city will tell you the construction specs and when it needs to be replaced, even though they haven't replaced their sidewalks in the right of way in decades.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Same thing down here evidently it’s federal money and contract.

Its ADA related and has nothing to do with IN DOT or roads.

Everyone down here was ready to linch city hall over it.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Same thing down here evidently it’s federal money and contract.

Its ADA related and has nothing to do with IN DOT or roads.

Everyone down here was ready to linch city hall over it.
    Where do ya find information for that? Dot website only says for sewer and drain and side walk.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

It’s 30th and Arlington. Muggers need a place to mug.

It was probably a “shovel ready job”.

Top Bottom