• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Ok so carrying on my belt is becoming more and more troublesome with physical issues.
    So I am looking into should or chest rigs.

I am hoping to buy once and cry once. That’s why I am coming to you guys I have a cheapo shoulder rig now and besides a little strain on my neck I like it.

I know the post is vague hoping to not sway anyone’s suggestions. If there is pertinent information needed for a suggestion feel free to ask.

thanks everyone.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    That one is very similar to what I have looking for something that maybe attaches to belt loops? Instead of flopping around in my armpits.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It doesn't really flop if you wear it right. I've seen a lot of people wear it too loose. Pistol side is heavy enough it doesn't need an anchor, and the mag carrier has a loop for one if you choose to get one.

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    I have an alien gear chest rig for lcr/sp101. It’s been great for hunting/hiking but I don’t care much for it as a daily carry option.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Check out Hill People Gear chest packs. They are top notch quality. I use mine while hunting and backpacking. I carry a Glock model 40 mos easily for hunting and a S&W 637 for backpacking.

2ndamendlover1

Shooter
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Check out Hill People Gear chest packs. They are top notch quality. I use mine while hunting and backpacking. I carry a Glock model 40 mos easily for hunting and a S&W 637 for backpacking.
    I have a glock 40 mos with luepold red dot .. what did they charge you for the chest pack? Also do you have a picture of it

Attachments

• 20201121_084628.jpg
      20201121_084628.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 3

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    That chest pack looks awesome for backpacking and hunting but I am looking for an Edc alternative to on the belt

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Second Andrews Custom Leather Monarch shoulder rigs. I have several shoulder rigs for the 1911, Glaco Jack Ass, Galco vertical Miami Vice, Red Nickel's, Blanchi, Safari, and El Paso. The Red Nickel's is the best but he no longer makes holsters. The second best is Andrews Custom Leather Monarch shoulder rig. They are both custom made one at a time so you wait and pay for them. For a production rig Galco is the best. I like the straps from the Miami Vice and a holster from the Jack Ass. It seems to give better support but you have to buy one each as the holster configuration only comes with the Jack Ass. YMMV

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I use a Hill People Gear Original Kit Bag, when discretion is important. I added a small kydex trigger guard cover (tethered to inside bottom of bag with about 4" of paracord) to keep my finger away from the trigger during a draw.

When speed of access is a priority (out West/bear country especially) I wear a Kenai chest rig.

Both setups are excellent for their intended use. I typically carry a Glock 23 in .40cal. with either. I found that both of these chest setups keep the firearm secure, readily available, and out of the way of my backpack.

Top Bottom