• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should we be able to own anything the military has access to?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    It depends, do you want our enemies to have easier access to the same stuff? I think a lot of the stuff they use we should be able to use also; but some things we don't want getting into the hands of Iran or N. Korea.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You mean ANYTHING from a 9mm M9 pistol to a full arsenal of nuclear warheads, jet fighters and tanks?
    I voted NO.
    I see enough idiots doing stupid things with guns, I cant imagine if anybody had access to all the military arsenal, including nuclear weapons.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    You mean ANYTHING from a 9mm M9 pistol to a full arsenal of nuclear warheads, jet fighters and tanks?
    I voted NO.
    I see enough idiots doing stupid things with guns, I cant imagine if anybody had access to all the military arsenal, including nuclear weapons.
    You would have to pay money for the nukes let me give you a nice round figure for that. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I vote no, even though the aforementioned rogue nations already have all that stuff for the most part, albeit at a much more primitive level technologically (I hope). Seems that whether we're talking about nukes or M9s, the ones that don't need it already have it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I vote no, even though the aforementioned rogue nations already have all that stuff for the most part, albeit at a much more primitive level technologically (I hope). Seems that whether we're talking about nukes or M9s, the ones that don't need it already have it.

That's true, well more like the ones that SHOULDN'T have it, already have it.

People already have illegal pistols and nuclear weapons.

But the real question is "Should the military have access to all those weapons?".

Like Clemenceau said, "War is much too serious a matter to be entrusted to the military" :):http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Georges_Clemenceau/

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok, when a machine gun cost civilians $10,000 and up, what on earth do you think nukes would cost? What does the military spend on an M4? $600? lets make it easy and say $1k, and it costs us $10k. A nuke costs a couple million a pop right? Any one got $30-40 million? <Aybe some whacko out there does but those kind of people won't blow up the world, they make too much money of it.

I voted YES! The Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not be Infringed.

I'm personally saving up for an M1A1 Abrams...

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Ok, when a machine gun cost civilians $10,000 and up, what on earth do you think nukes would cost? What does the military spend on an M4? $600? lets make it easy and say $1k, and it costs us $10k. A nuke costs a couple million a pop right? Any one got $30-40 million? <Aybe some whacko out there does but those kind of people won't blow up the world, they make too much money of it.

O MY GOSH ME TOO

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Im all for that. :yesway:

But when we talk about nuclear weapons and all those stuff that's different.
    Im glad that any idiot who could buy a handgun cannot get his hands on a nuclear weapon even if he could afford it.

Imagine some idiots playing around with his gun, he shoots himself in the leg by accidents.That's happend many times, you cant fix stupid.
    Now imagine the same guy playing with the controls of a nuclear weapon, oops he turned the key by accident ... now the stupid guy blew off the whole city or state. :rolleyes:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Your cost logic is a little flawed.

The only reason machine guns cost civilians $10,000 is that there is a fixed supply because the closed registration. If registration were open for new machine guns, modern guns (like the M4) would only cost the buyer a few more bucks over the cost of the semi-auto.

Your logic only works if there's a fixed supply and relatively high demand...

Besides, can you imagine what the tax stamp would be for a tactical nuke. =)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Your cost logic is a little flawed.

The only reason machine guns cost civilians $10,000 is that there is a fixed supply because the closed registration. If registration were open for new machine guns, modern guns (like the M4) would only cost the buyer a few more bucks over the cost of the semi-auto.

Your logic only works if there's a fixed supply and relatively high demand...

Besides, can you imagine what the tax stamp would be for a tactical nuke. =)

Then why do shortbarrel shotguns and shortbarrel rifles and silencers and destructive devices cost so much? Albeit not 10x as much but you get my point, they would be significantly more than what the .gov pays for them. Which is a buttload.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I am all in favor for small arms to be available to everyone, pending criminal or mental checks. Small arms being anything up to say 30mm. Single shot, semi, full auto, whatever as long as you were willing to pay the price for it (which would drop a lot once the asinine restrictions were lifted!).:biggun:

Missiles, Rockets, Explosives, Nukes, Etc... no. :flamethrower:

I think the question was ambiguously worded, but I still voted yes, with the above caveat.

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    I watch the show Sons of Guns, so my answer would be no. While it may be desirable to have a full auto silenced grenade launcher I would prefer that they aren't generally available to the public. I can just see some idiot playing with a M203 and blowing the living room up. There are enough detractors from responsible gun ownership to not need this added negative publicity.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Considering our right to bear arms is a natural born right, and the 2nd amendment is a check on government - I voted yes.

People can legally buy full auto weapons, but it is very rare that a legally purchased fully auto weapon is used in a shooting... now compare the amount of pre-86' full auto weapons in the world to tanks and nukes....

Also, anyone that owns an Abrams is going to be watched rather closely....

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    While it scares me to think that billy jo bob and his cousin lefty could possibly blow up the local gun range, and half the county along with it, if he were to win the lottery one day, criminals with enough determination and funding already have access to most of the things our military has. Why then would it make sense to restrict the law abiding majority?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I voted "YES". Folks with enough money to purchase WMD or major weapons systems will do with them what they will, no matter if they are ultimately "crazy" - they aren't stupid. Individual or crew served weapons or combat vehicles are costly enough (at the higher end) that most people wouldn't be able to afford them, or wouldn't think of getting them. I doubt you would see the guy down the street try to rob a 7/11 with a LAW or a M203; they're just too much weapon for "social purposes." After all, there are limited uses for even a small nuclear device - aside from criminal enterprises - and the attendant responsibility and penalties for misusing such weapons would deter most of us. Since the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to allow the "people" to be as well armed as the government, being true to the intent of the Constitution would mean that any weapon should be legally available to anyone who can pay for it.

Top Bottom