• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Does Michelle Obama Know About This? | The Agitator

My city recently revoked my right to freely associate by stripping me of the power to privately contract with a waste removal service. They actually sent me a letter, as well as every other homeowner, informing us that we have to use their trash service. I can scan it in if anyone is interested. Blazoned across the top of the letter, being the first sentence in 24 pt. font, is the sentence "You will be required (bold) to participate." The reasoning behind their actions is "going green".

What is the green movement actually about?

Ironically, this lady's local government types have mismanaged their leadership to the point that government services are now on a four day work week. The town is so strapped for cash they canceled independence day fireworks.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Why do politicians think they can do whatever they want and bully regular citizens around?

Because we aren't stopping them cold in their tracks with the crimes against communities they are committing.

I would say harassment, intimidation and extortion charges would be appropriate.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Just a thought...well, two actually.

Oak Park’s Planning and Technology Director Kevin Rulkowski

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't know about jail, perhaps if she does not comply with a court order.

Why is this criminal? Can't the city just get a court order and if she does not comply ask for contempt.

Seems like an overreaction.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    name one...

Really, just one reason to go to michigan. The rest of the country,
    including california, ill-annoys, and yes even florida, should secede.

That's right I called for the United States to secede from michigan. :patriot:

Edit: Wow this really did just happen recently. Oak park MI even has their own website: http://www.oakpark-mi.com/

Now don't misunderstand me, I know INGO is no ones personal army, but who's gonna stand up if we don't.

Oak Park’s Planning and Technology Director Kevin Rulkowski::krulkowski@ci.oak-park.mi.us

The above edit is all public info, gathered together by 1 idiot....

There's another pretrial scheduled for July 26. The next step could be a jury trial.

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I don't know about jail, perhaps if she does not comply with a court order.

Why is this criminal? Can't the city just get a court order and if she does not comply ask for contempt.

Seems like an overreaction.

Doesn't your scenario still end in jail time? Either remove your food source or go to jail, aren't those the true options?

Last edited:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    wow. just tell them its a liberty garden and if they ask them what that is, whack them with a US History textbook. You can borrow mine from honors us history in HS, it was 2 inches thick.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Doesn't your scenario still end in jail time? Either remove your food source or go to jail, aren't those the true options?

Yes, one of the potential consequences of contempt is jail time.

"Food source"??? It's a garden . . . in Michigan. Just move it to the back of the house and she'll be fine.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What's the consequence for the state's contempt of liberty?

That is the beauty of the game. It will be said that it is your responsability to elect officials, have those officials build a consensus while at the same time not f'ing up something else, and repeal/pass the law. You will have to overcome the reach of law firms and the money of the politically connected. You will be told to rally support for your cause. Build a consensus. Somehow, you have to overcome the philosophy of "it's not me, so I don't care". Godspeed. :patriot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yes, one of the potential consequences of contempt is jail time.

"Food source"??? It's a garden . . . in Michigan. Just move it to the back of the house and she'll be fine.

First, it is a food source. It's one less bit of reliance on someone else for sustenance. The scope of the endeavor doesn't change that. It is NOT an all-or-nothing kind of thing.

Second, why should she have to move it? Why are vegetables not acceptable forms of vegetation? Onions are a member of the Allium family which is a common flower in many gardens. Carrots flower and resemble Queen Anne's Lace (probably same family). There are dozens of cultivars of peppers that are used solely for show (the fruits are just miniature versions of the edible ones). Sweet potatoes are in the morning glory family. There is hardly a flowering vegetable that isn't a member of a family of plants with COMMON garden varieties. What, except for this bureaucrat's burr up his arse, makes a vegetable garden any different than having rose bushes, marigolds, and poppies in those beds?

This is douche-baggery at its finest.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't you support the ability of neighbors dictating what a property owner can or can't do with their property?

Sure, within reason. You cannot use your property to hurt others. No livestock in residential neighborhoods, no junk cars on the lawns, no throwing trash out your front door and into the street, inter alia.

A garden? Ahhhh, not so sure about that hurting anyone, but got to enforce the code.

Seems like a perfect time to amend the code though.

Second, why should she have to move it?

She does not have to move it, she can remove it and comply with the code.

However, she does have to comply with the code as this is a nation founded on the rule of law, not the rule of men, or women.:D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

However, she does have to comply with the code as this is a nation founded on the rule of law, not the rule of men, or women.:D

I reject your premise that the existence of a law is justification for the law. Let's start with that. No one is arguing she should violate the law (though I'm sure many are supportive of her doing so in an act of civil disobedience). The unstated premise for those finding fault with the city is that the law/code is overly-restrictive and merely being promulgated by a governing body is insufficient justification for its existence.

If that were the case, then no law would ever be unjust.

Is that your position?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    IANAL but I am curious if Michigan's "right to farm" act would offer her any protection in this case, since it preempts any local ordinances.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sure, within reason. You cannot use your property to hurt others. No livestock in residential neighborhoods, no junk cars on the lawns, no throwing trash out your front door and into the street, inter alia.

A garden? Ahhhh, not so sure about that hurting anyone, but got to enforce the code.

Seems like a perfect time to amend the code though.

The property Nazis reaffirm my decision to purchase my land every day. Here's the view of my closest neighbor's house.
    e2c38ec8.jpg

Top Bottom