• Should Marijuana be Legalized?

• Total voters

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Personally I could care less about any of them. I will teach my children what they need to know.

:yesway:
    When I read things like, "I don't want my children walking down the street and seeing brothels and drug houses", I can't help but think things like "I don't want my kids shopping at Wal-Mart".I'm going to teach my kids that Wal-Mart sucks, but I'm certainly not going to lobby for that crappy company's legal prohibition.

I want my kids to live in a free country.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Don't they teach reading comprehension anymore?

I said that using the prohibition argument fails. I said the "it's my right" argument fails. The idea is not to twist and justify the failing argument. It is to attack the false premise and come up with an argument that wins.

I am convinced some of you don't really want to win. You want to live in your miserable little world where you live a miserable little life and nobody remembers your name 20 years after you die. You just want to argue. I don't get it.

I am going to fix this so that it is a more accurate analogy.

A guy in his basement doing lines of coke isn't hurting anyone. Nobody actually cares. What people care about is what he does to get that coke and how his actions affect the people around him. Nobody is saying we should decriminalize his actions that deprive others of their rights (like murder).

Your analogy isn't even close.

Instead of this: "Since you can't prevent it, decriminalize it."

Try this: "Since you can't prevent it, and it hurts nobody, and costs us billions to enforce, then decriminalize it."

Now your murder analogy doesn't fit. Besides, most of us realize that laws don't prevent crime, they punish criminals. If you think a murder law keeps you safe, then why own a gun?

The same people are going to do drugs whether they are legal or not. The difference is that the taxpayers are suffering badly under the current system, with nothing to show for it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Don't they teach reading comprehension anymore?

I said that using the prohibition argument fails. I said the "it's my right" argument fails. The idea is not to twist and justify the failing argument. It is to attack the false premise and come up with an argument that wins.

I am convinced some of you don't really want to win. You want to live in your miserable little world where you live a miserable little life and nobody remembers your name 20 years after you die. You just want to argue. I don't get it.
    Repped ya if I could. Most people will never learn, hopefully some here will at least take the time to stop and think about it though

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Legalize everything. Put the money from fighting drugs toward something that actually does some good.

Then, let Darwinism take its course.

It'll be ugly for a few months, then a new paradigm will emerge, and probably for the better.

Josh

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    within the next few years pot will be decriminalized. so all the people who are getting their panties in a bunch over it now will be eating crow. people against pot and gay marriage are so worked up over nothing, while at the same time our country is spiraling down the crapper because we are broke. people are so freaking stupid.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    within the next few years pot will be decriminalized. so all the people who are getting their panties in a bunch over it now will be eating crow. people against pot and gay marriage are so worked up over nothing, while at the same time our country is spiraling down the crapper because we are broke. people are so freaking stupid.

Every lesbian who gets married is one less out there for the single men living in their mom's basement and posting ten more ridiculous threads a day in the politics section:D

Now, I have no real opinion of legalizing marijuana as it is only a drug because someone says it is. If it were treated like alcohol and the same type of punishments for driving impaired then I don't have a problem with it. Seriously, we all can go to the family doctor with a back ache and leave with a perscription for something far stronger any time we choose.:twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Every lesbian who gets married is one less out there for the single men living in their mom's basement and posting ten more ridiculous threads a day in the politics section:D

Now, I have no real opinion of legalizing marijuana as it is only a drug because someone says it is. If it were treated like alcohol and the same type of punishments for driving impaired then I don't have a problem with it. Seriously, we all can go to the family doctor with a back ache and leave with a perscription for something far stronger any time we choose.:twocents:

it already is treated like this in the legal system. if you drive high on ANYTHING you are going to jail with the same charge. and rightly so.

i will never condone getting high or drunk on anything and being reckless. all those laws will still remain in place.

just like if you shoot someone with a gun or murder them with your hands. murder is illegal no matter what method you use.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    just seems that for the most part if one wants to smoke pot, one will find and smoke pot...legal or not. i dont smoke anymore so the only skin in the game is my and your tax dollars for the failed war on pot. i am not including other vices in this for now. i dunno. anti gunners say alot of things about "us" that just arent true so think its safe to realize that its the same with "anti-potters". i do not debate well or type well so this is a biggee for me. hard to convey what im thinkin but all the crap they say and do to try to make guns illegal.......all the crap they say and do to keep pot/hemp from being legal. had to put that hemp part in there for good measure. so i dunno...something like that. kinda torn.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    One time working in East Chicago, up on the utility pole, I looked down and BAM big f'n pot plant growing in someone's back yard directly under the pole.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

I wouldn't be so sure, E5. People were saying the exact same thing in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s. It's still illegal. I think more and more people are for legalization or decriminalization, so that's a nice change. I, personally, have no idea why people are still listening to DICK Nixon and his anti-freedom policy concerning drug use in the US. The armed law enforcer community has really glorified this piece of **** of a President and his policies by carrying them all the way into 2011. **** Richard Nixon, that's what I say.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if you don't know what a lesbian is, but they aren't interested in men, so there isn't one less when they get married, there is one less when they become a lesbian (or if they are born with same-sex attraction...I'm not sure how it works)

Where does all the pot come from that is smoked in indiana?

It grows up from the Earth, naturally, just like every other green that is consumed in Indiana.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :yesway:
    When I read things like, "I don't want my children walking down the street and seeing brothels and drug houses", I can't help but think things like "I don't want my kids shopping at Wal-Mart".I'm going to teach my kids that Wal-Mart sucks, but I'm certainly not going to lobby for that crappy company's legal prohibition.

I want my kids to live in a free country.

How free? Anyone feel free to answer each one... (don't pick and choose if you do)
    -Should one be able to hold dog fighting contests?
    -Should "adults" be able to engage in consensual sex with a "minor," given that "minor" is an arbitrary term.
    -Should people be able top walk around fully nude if they wish?
    -Should a person be able to own a tactical nuclear warhead, just because they "look cool."
    -Should parents be able to sell their children?
    -Should people be able to stand outside of a polling area, armed, saying absolutely noting?
    -Should American regardless of birthplace be eligible for the Presidency?
    -Should convicted child molesters, who have served their time, be allowed to sit across the street from a school and watch recess?

None of these affect your personal rights, nor anyone else's. No victim, no crime. The above is "freedom."

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Where does all the pot come from that is smoked in indiana?

Local growers, Kentucky, and Tennessee for the most part.

In 93 it was our 3rd largest cash crop behind corn and soy beans .

In WW2 the guberment gave farmers subsidies to grow pot for rope and such , now it grows wild all over Indiana .

Some of it also works it's way up from Mexico .

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I will answer the child molester one. They should be dead or rotting in prison, there was a victim and if let out there will be more.

I'm not disagreeing (actually, I'm 100% in agreement).... I'm just wanting to know how far "freedom" extends

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    How free? Anyone feel free to answer each one... (don't pick and choose if you do)
    -Should one be able to hold dog fighting contests?
    Yes, it is their proprety
    -Should "adults" be able to engage in consensual sex with a "minor," given that "minor" is an arbitrary term.
    if the minor is my kid it absolutely affects me
    -Should people be able top walk around fully nude if they wish?
    Yes,some are almost naked already
    -Should a person be able to own a tactical nuclear warhead, just because they "look cool."
    If they know how too, they could anyway
    -Should parents be able to sell their children?
    How is this question even in here?
    -Should people be able to stand outside of a polling area, armed, saying absolutely noting?
    Black Panthers do, so why cant we
    -Should American regardless of birthplace be eligible for the Presidency?
    YES, so long as they were born in the USA
    -Should convicted child molesters, who have served their time, be allowed to sit across the street from a school and watch recess?
    They should have never been let out in the first place

None of these affect your personal rights, nor anyone else's. No victim, no crime. The above is "freedom."
    answers in blue

Top Bottom