• kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Birds Away
    A little extra weight makes for a stable shooter.

I've never quite grasped the weight argument..

Apparently....

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    They are definitely worth a try. The CZ 75 pistols are iconic handguns. For me, I'm not a huge fan of the ergonomics or the factory sights. Those are both going to vary person to person, though. If you're used to Sigs, a decocker model (ahem, like the PCR, ahem) will feel more familiar to you.

In 9mm, other iconic handguns everyone should try at least once would be the Beretta 92 and the BHP.

BHP = Bad*** Hipoint right. :):

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    :lmfao:

I've never quite grasped the weight argument. Unless your pistol is solid tungsten, we're really talking negligible differences between polymer vs steel pistols of similar size. There's no way I could tell the difference between my M&P and CZ-75 when holstered without looking.

I bought a CZ-75 Compact with the safety, and really liked it. At 5'7" the compacts seem to work better for me. Then I bought the CZ-75 Compact PCR with the decocker. It has the alloy frame, and the weight difference is very noticeable to me. I like the lighter weight of the PCR much better. It took a long time to find the perfect carry compact for me. The PCR is it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Go to a few ranges and see if you can rent one to try out. Start with the classic 75B and go from there. Also some of the CZickos on here are glad to meet you to let you try ours. Stick with 9mm in 75 line .45 is the 97.

I have a 75B Stainless, a P-01 and an SP-01 Phantom. I had a RAMI but I sold it recently. I'm on the hunt for a 97BD

I agree with this. Start with the 75B and see what you think, then try one of the compacts like the 75 compact, P-01 or PCR. Then you might want to try a RAMI, which is subcompact. CZ's are great guns. I have a 75B which is stock except for having VZ frag grips and a set of TruGlo TFX sights. I had thought about adding CGW parts, but I think I'm going to shoot it in and see how the trigger feels after many rounds. It's very accurate and fun to shoot just as is.

As mentioned, if you want to shoot a 75B I'd be happy to meet you at a Point Blank location. Split the range fees and bring your own ammo and you can take it for a test drive :)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Can't believe the SP-01 with 5 mags in the classifieds hasn't sold yet. It's a solid deal. I'd be a buyer if I already didn't have the same gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd love to jump on that deal, but with the seller not willing to come too far south, my unwillingness to go too far north and my lack of money to actually buy it, I cannot. But, you are right, it's a really good deal for someone in the market up in that area.

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    It never hurts to try one.

I shot my first CZ last weekend. The trigger pinched the bottom part of the pad on my finger and took some getting used to, but it was a tack driver.

I can't say I didn't like it.

They take getting used to for sure. I am glad you tried it out.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Another one just popped for $500. No extra mags besides the 2 factory mags but a great deal nonetheless. Get a cash advance from the CC Wt

ETA: to whoever buys it, if you don't want the cz comp grips then I'll buy 'em from ya

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Another one just popped for $500. No extra mags besides the 2 factory mags but a great deal nonetheless. Get a cash advance from the CC Wt

ETA: to whoever buys it, if you don't want the cz comp grips then I'll buy 'em from ya

I'd love to, but I just paid off $15k in CC debt and I don't want to have to go through that rodeo again... :ugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I like that one a lot.
    "BUT".....yup, always a "BUT".....I am a Cajun CZ junkie and would need a fix with this one. Add $300 to the price for the parts etc and $200 for the threaded barrel I would have to have and bam.........1K in the gun before buying the extra mags for it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The one that I'm jonesing for lately is a P07 in .40. I've decided that my 'Shoveling the driveway in December' gun needs to be a P07 in .40. I already have a 'Shoveling the driveway in January' gun, so it's the December gun that I need to find before December comes.

Top Bottom