• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Your humble opinion ignores the fact that number of people shot by our side = 0 and their side > 0.
    .... but Sarah Palin had bullseyes on a map, so it is understandable. Some other guy said something bad about someone on their side, so violence is acceptable.

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Your humble opinion ignores the fact that number of people shot by our side = 0 and their side > 0.

How far back are you going? "We" are suffering from to much of "they did it to us, so it's ok to do it to them." No one is willing to take the first step in stopping this. The left feels justified in all they say about Trump siting all that was said about Obama. On top of this 4th grade mentality, let's throw in a bunch of one-ups-manship, and this is going to get even more out of hand fast.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    How far back are you going? "We" are suffering from to much of "they did it to us, so it's ok to do it to them." No one is willing to take the first step in stopping this. The left feels justified in all they say about Trump siting all that was said about Obama. On top of this 4th grade mentality, let's throw in a bunch of one-ups-manship, and this is going to get even more out of hand fast.

I'm still saying it would be much better if we all just got drunk.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

They can say everything they want about Trump, it comes with the job.

Where was the rioting on college campuses when Obama was in office? Where are the assassination attempts on elected officials? I'll wait.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/0...ers-to-provoke-trump-rally-goers-to-violence/

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think there's any doubt that the actual violence has escalated since the primaries started more than a year ago. The Trump Ascendency - and the rhetoric associated with it - corresponds with the deepening of the division.

Neither "side" is blameless when it comes to the rhetoric.

I tend to blame individuals for the violence, though. The individuals who actually do it (or conspire to do it).

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

Only because you refuse to admit that any violence committed by right-wing zealots as "political". The right has a long history of using violence against American citizens for political purposes.

The right's history of shooting doctors that perform abortions comes to mind. The right finds all kinds of ways to try to deflect from the fact that this is the very definition of political violence.

We need to be sure of the motivations of both the shooter and the left before we go laying this at the feet of all liberals...the situation on the ground is dynamic and can change in an instant...it may not be very long before "we" have a similar situation to "explain".

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    .... but Sarah Palin had bullseyes on a map, so it is understandable. Some other guy said something bad about someone on their side, so violence is acceptable.

You got that from my post?

I have written nothing justifying violence...from either "side".

Partizan virtue-signaling isn't going to fix this...not from anyone.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The fringe left is not the same as the mainstream left, as much as it would advance the "conservative" narrative to pretend it is.

I would caution against using the fringe for a basis of judgement for the mainstream...flip the scales and "we" all get judged for Alex Jones' viewpoints.

An individual violent leftist does not a left-wing conspiracy make.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Maybe if I didn't wear such short skirts I wouldn't be raped so often.

:rolleyes:

And maybe if you didn't leave your Ferrari sitting, keys in ignition, on a street in a shady neighborhood it wouldn't get stolen.

Maybe if you stop pushing a wheelbarrow full of 100 dollar bills through a section 8 housing project you'll stop being robbed.

You can simultaneously be a victim, and a moron.

Willingly making yourself a target is dumb. It would be nice if it weren't so, but it is.

IMHO, decking out your vehicle in a way that gives total strangers details about you political beliefs, family situation, religious views, how smart your kid is, how much you love cats, whatever, is dumb. You don't know what some arsehole is willing to do with that information.

I went round and round with my kids when they in high school about this. My son got a sticker with his number on it when he made the baseball team. I said no to putting it on his car because it's a great way to get a car vandalized by some d-bag from a rival school, or worse. Daughter had one for cheer leading, I said hell no. We live in the boonies. I don't need every sex offender who's following her down a back road to know the car in front of him contains a pretty, young, probably ditzy;), teen aged girl.

Furthermore, what good can come from it? How many people come to Jesus because of a fish sticker? How many people see your Crocked Hillary sticker and say, you know what? Ima changin my vote. How many jihadists change their mind on the way to a suicide bombing because they see a coexist sticker?

As someone who carries a gun, I want to make it my life's work to never have to use it. I want to avoid unnecessary confrontations, not encourage them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I reject out of hand that it's "they're all to blame."
    The identity of those engaging in specific behavior, the nature of the behavior, and the motivations for said behavior make it as clear as a 0% humidity full moon lit night exactly who are responsible for the most violence, not just now, but for decades.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sovereign citizens have killed at least two police officers per year for the last five years...not a single one of those guys is a "leftist".

Antifa's death toll in that same period: 0 (unless you count the ones that got THEMSELVES killed in the process, lol)

Blame doesn't fix anything, it only serves our own egos. It's hard for me to see this as a strictly "left-wing" creation, considering the mainstream right has been floating "second amendment remedies" publicly (and loudly) for about a decade now.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In the way back machine, we were told not to get tats because they would identify us to our enemies. I often think the same of our vehicles. I know I have only found O stickered vehicles to be valid spittoons. I choose not to identify to the general populace.

Top Bottom