• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Silver Express is at 10th & Country Club. Speedway is at 10th & Girls School.
    I live close enough to 10th/Country Club to catch a stray round. I hope it was at Girls School.
    I couldn't find a news story to get location. Too common to be news worthy.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    This is one of the main reasons why I left Indy and moved into the country years ago. However, the violence is moving outside of Indy as well. Another reason for us to always remember to stay armed and prepared.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I live close enough to 10th/Country Club to catch a stray round. I hope it was at Girls School.
    We`re in Chapel Glen, it`s obvious it`s all around us. We know it`s time to consider moving on, but to where?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We`re in Chapel Glen, it`s obvious it`s all around us. We know it`s time to consider moving on, but to where?
    My parents left our area in 1976 after most all of us kids were out of the house. 1 block east of the back gates of the motor speedway on 30th street. WE all grew up there and I dont live far from there. They were worried as bussing had totally changed the area. Totally. And that one Gov action sent Eagledale into a spiral it never recovered from. The influx of Hispanics has been another game saver that has again changed the area.
    They moved to Chapel hill feeling that was a good move. They saw that area start to decline as well. I told them that move was a few miles short for their life span and the speed which the decay was spreading. Its still OK over there but Apartments suck the life out of any area they were built in thanks to section 8. Rental property's do the same.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My parents left our area in 1976 after most all of us kids were out of the house. 1 block east of the back gates of the motor speedway on 30th street. WE all grew up there and I dont live far from there. They were worried as bussing had totally changed the area. Totally. And that one Gov action sent Eagledale into a spiral it never recovered from. The influx of Hispanics has been another game saver that has again changed the area.
    They moved to Chapel hill feeling that was a good move. They saw that area start to decline as well. I told them that move was a few miles short for their life span and the speed which the decay was spreading. Its still OK over there but Apartments suck the life out of any area they were built in thanks to section 8. Rental property's do the same.
    My wife, her sister and brother-in-law all are from Speedway. I grew up in Fountain Square, (back before Fountain Square was "cool"). I`ve really enjoyed the far west-side of Indianapolis, as much as you can enjoy the city I guess. I really want to be in Putnam or Parke County, but she doesn`t go for that. But I still think there has to be somewhere we could relocate, further west, where the worst of things might be several years off. It`s really dicey around here these days, the blight is all around us, and is moving INTO Chapel Glen now. I`m amazed that someone who moves in with the mentality that they`re going to let their property go to hell even has the money these houses are selling for. And never mind the HOA, there are SO MANY violations, they can`t deal with them all, and I believe most of the cases they try to take action against, the homeowners simply ignore them. All I want in this world is to be left alone, and I leave everyone alone who will only offer me that simple courtesy, but good luck getting that these days.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I
    My wife, her sister and brother-in-law all are from Speedway. I grew up in Fountain Square, (back before Fountain Square was "cool"). I`ve really enjoyed the far west-side of Indianapolis, as much as you can enjoy the city I guess. I really want to be in Putnam or Parke County, but she doesn`t go for that. But I still think there has to be somewhere we could relocate, further west, where the worst of things might be several years off. It`s really dicey around here these days, the blight is all around us, and is moving INTO Chapel Glen now. I`m amazed that someone who moves in with the mentality that they`re going to let their property go to hell even has the money these houses are selling for. And never mind the HOA, there are SO MANY violations, they can`t deal with them all, and I believe most of the cases they try to take action against, the homeowners simply ignore them. All I want in this world is to be left alone, and I leave everyone alone who will only offer me that simple courtesy, but good luck getting that these days.
    If you live in a neighborhood you will not be left alone. Not in these times. Respect and pride seem to be in very short supply.
    Your only hope is acreage. And enough that your neighbors are not visible. Even then idiocy has a way of causing folks grief.
    Leadeye (Ingo member and a friend) has 80-ish acres to the south and is constantly dealing with idiots. Before my sister moved to Florida they had 25 acres north of Martinsville and yes, they had idiots to deal with as well. People just suck anymore. So your desire to be left alone will be tough to fulfill. I wish you luck.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I

If you live in a neighborhood you will not be left alone. Not in these times. Respect and pride seem to be in very short supply.
    Your only hope is acreage. And enough that your neighbors are not visible. Even then idiocy has a way of causing folks grief.
    Leadeye (Ingo member and a friend) has 80-ish acres to the south and is constantly dealing with idiots. Before my sister moved to Florida they had 25 acres north of Martinsville and yes, they had idiots to deal with as well. People just suck anymore. So your desire to be left alone will be tough to fulfill. I wish you luck.
    My buddy in Putnam County has around 42 acres I think. I know that owning land is a magnet for trespassers. He spends as much time running people off his land as he does hunting or anything else.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The station on 10th and Country Club is Silver Express. Also Burger King, Carson Insurance and Attorney office there.

My customer was on his way home after talking to police. Driving north on CC he spots suspect (young black male) on side of road by Country Meadows neighborhood. Calls police and tells them. He turns off on Old Farm Lane turns around at cul-de-sac and comes back to CC and sees several police cars show up.

Says first cop out the door had eaten too many doughnuts and had no chance. Kid took off and as far as he knew the neighborhood was pretty well surrounded and the search went on for a while. He left and never saw him be apprehended.

Also said that at the silver Express whoever was being shot at returned fire. Doesn't think anyone was hit. I have seen no news.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I live halfway between Avon and Danville on a county road and we are seeing signs of the city moving out into our area, albeit small ones. Our ultimate goal is to move to western Hendricks county or eastern Putnam. Still lots of undeveloped area in the three westernmost townships and still close enough to town to make shopping and such feasible. Might be a good place to start. It's too bad the Ben Davis area has gotten so bad in the last 20 or so years...I moved out of the area in 96 and my parents moved from the house I grew up in "inside the loop" in 06.

Top Bottom