Shot my PT 24/7 Pro DS for the first time today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    So, today was my birthday, and I figured it would be nice to shoot my gun for the first time today. It's a shooter.

Once I got it, it degreased it, cleaned it and oiled it up. Took me a week to shoot it.

Went over to pop guns and they closed at 5pm. Headed over to Don's guns and was able to shoot 50 rounds. It was awesome. The gun has a little kick to it, but once you manage to handle it, it hits the sight picture everytime.

I shot center mass shots at 20 feet, all 9's and 10.

Moved the target back to 10 yards, and aimed at the head, all 17 shots into the head area. It was very satisfying to hold a weapon that shoots so true. Even the double tap was on the money. A very powerful gun, very accurate. And I'll right a full review of the firearm tomorrow.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well happy b-day and congrats on the gun! :rockwoot: Those are some nice shooters, I have been very pleased with all of my experiences with the 24/7s. Glad you got some trigger time! :D

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Pop guns, is an indoor shooting range here in Indy. It's closer to home, but they close early. Don's guns are open until 10 pm. I was determined to shoot, so I headed over to Don's. Being that I arrived late to pop guns and wasn't able to shoot there.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Pop guns, is an indoor shooting range here in Indy. It's closer to home, but they close early. Don's guns are open until 10 pm. I was determined to shoot, so I headed over to Don's. Being that I arrived late to pop guns and wasn't able to shoot there.

I think he was referring to Don's questionable business practices lol. Don is quite... popular on this website. :D That being said, congratulations! My first semi-auto was a 24/7 in .45acp, but I sold it to fund the 1911 I currently have. It was a decent gun though, and I wouldn't mind having another one.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think he was referring to Don's questionable business practices lol. Don is quite... unpopular on this website. :D That being said, congratulations! My first semi-auto was a 24/7 in .45acp, but I sold it to fund the 1911 I currently have. It was a decent gun though, and I wouldn't mind having another one.

FTFY,

dholmtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I enjoy the look, feel, and concealability of my 24/7. However, I don't like the long trigger pull and the looks and comments of my friends when they realize I carry a Taurus. But overall it has been a very reliable firearm with no issues.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    What's wrong with Don's guns? They look legit. The range is not too bad.

Taurus firearms are pretty high quality, I don't understand why anyone would frown upon you for that. What do they carry, Glocks? The only model of Glock I'm interested in, is the Glock 18. lol.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I don't live anywhere near Indy, but Don is known far and wide as being a backstabber to lawful gun owners, consistently pushing for gun control. His shop was one of the highest in the country for selling guns used in crimes, 2nd in the nation I believe, and his prices are astronomically high. Other than that, he's a great dude.

Last edited:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    What's wrong with Don's guns? They look legit. The range is not too bad.

Taurus firearms are pretty high quality, I don't understand why anyone would frown upon you for that. What do they carry, Glocks? The only model of Glock I'm interested in, is the Glock 18. lol.

You have much to learn, young grasshopper.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    I don't live anywhere near Indy, but Don is known far and wide as being a backstabber to lawful gun owners, consistently pushing for gun control. His shop was one of the highest in the country for selling guns used in crimes, 2nd in the nation I believe, and his prices are astronomically high. Other than that, he's a great dude.

Wouldn't gun control be detrimental to his business? That's ironic. Last time I go there for anything.

You have much to learn, young grasshopper.

Indeed clone, this newbie crap is horrible. Soon enough, I'll learn.

Top Bottom