• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    We had a great day today when lovemywoods let us come out and he put my brand new upper on one of his AR lowers so i could try it out.

We shot some 22 suppressed, 308, & 223 BUT i was most excited about shooting my new AR. Lexie mostly played in the creek finding tiny crawdads and petting the cats. We had a great lunch that jenn got together for us- thanks again.

Also thank you Dave for teaching me about how to use the AR since I don't have much experience shooting. He went over what all the buttons are, how it actually shoots, tips, and how to take it apart then put it back together. It seemed simple once he showed me all the parts and what not to do/to do. I'm more comfortable shooting it and can't wait until I get my own lower built so i can take it out again.

Guys, here's my tip of the day :twocents:: if you have a girl that is intimidated to shoot then i would take her to a friends place and have them explain how the gun functions....where is the firing pin, how do the parts move inside the gun to make it fire, how should i hold it, and so on. It then becomes less of a loud scary object that might blow your face off. As wives we hear our husbands talk all day so we're less likely to listen to you when you're teaching us about most things (and by most , i mean we don't listen at all). An example of this is I've asked tyler like 5 times what a button is and each time he gave me a general answer and i still didn't know what it was exactly until Dave explained it to me & showed me how it worked today. It's not Tyler's fault, it's the fact that i didn't listen in detail to him when he told me the last 5 times. While i don't remember the "terms" that were used today, i have a better idea of what i should be doing now.

Here are some Pictures that I really liked from today.

2011-07-07_12-50-09_286.jpg

2011-07-07_16-06-15_42-1.jpg

2011-07-07_13-02-28_499.jpg

2011-07-07_12-57-37_668.jpg

2011-07-07_13-30-43_722.jpg

2011-07-07_12-32-22_63.jpg

2011-07-07_13-36-25_653.jpg

2011-07-07_15-33-25_286-1.jpg

I had a fun day. thanks lovemywoods. :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Great looking guns and pics. It's always a good time at Lovemywoods' place.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I had a fun day. thanks lovemywoods. :D

Glad it went well for you! I enjoyed your wonderful family!

I particularly enjoy helping new/newer shooter get more comfortable with shooting. It's very gratifying seeing people 'get it' as they shoot their firearms.

And 'Prestige WorldWide', you made some very good shots today!

LMW

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm legally changing my name to rice to fill the absence left once I decided to take over as first born rice. evan you are the weakest link, goodbye

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm legally changing my name to rice to fill the absence left once I decided to take over as first born rice. evan you are the weakest link, goodbye

So many have tried. . . . and so many have failed. . . . :laugh:

Top Bottom