• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    Stopped into Whitaker's in Owensboro. Great selection!! Prices were decent. However, on the way back into Indiana, I found a nice little gem of a shop....the owner was so courteous to talk to, my wife almost bought a gun as well (and she doesnt even shoot yet)!!! Below is the info, small shop, however, the prices were excellent...

Cabin Fever Guns and Ammo
    (812) 752-7105
    1346 S Bloomington Trail Rd
    Scottsburg, IN 47170

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    So far I have stopped by around a dozen shops. Thus far it has been my experience that Don's Guns in Indianapolis is overpriced (not a big surprise). However, they have great hourse 10-10 7 days/week. Their voicemail states they have the largest supply of guns in US, but they dont come close to Whitaker's in Owensboro.

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    One of my favorite shops has been Bradis in Mooresville. They didnt have alot of selection (just that time of year I guess). But they were very helpful and had decent prices.

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    The shop east of Muncie (starts with an L) had a TON OF SELECTION....though they were not very helpful. Also, there shop is so small, they were actually stacking on gun on top of the next in their glass case...Thats a ton of guns! And scratches :). Seriously though, any other reccomendations? Already bought at Jerry's (Rensselaer), POPGUNS (Indy), Ramz Exchange (Laf), A to Z Exchange (Laf), and Walker's (Laf).

shadow shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Anderson
    the shop east of muncie is in parker city the name is ludco and he is somewhat of a prick to deal with his prices are high and trade in on a gun is very low. however he does have a very nice selection piled i that tiny building. :twocents:

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    Stopped into Downham and Sons in Logansport. Very nice, little selection though. Most items seemed to be used with near new prices. Also dropped into Jim's Gun Repair on SR 17 N of Logansport. About the same, only few rifles, fewer handguns. However, they were very polite and helpful. Where is the gun mecca of the Midwest? OH, IL, MI, KY? Does anyone reccomend a "Sams Club" of Firearms?

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I have gone to Wulff's guns in Connersville several times. Great people there, they get really busy on Sat mornings though. Went to Gander mountain in Greenwood the weekend before last. Lots of different guns there but the prices where high. Saw a P22 there $200 higher then the one I got at the gun show in Richmond a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom