Shopping list for a Costco food run, suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In my normal food rotations it's time to restock and I thought it'd be a good mental exercise to play here with everyone. We could pick a $$ value, but I'd rather see the list the people would think of if they were going to run to Costco to stock up on food and supplies. I'm not trying to start the whole picture of guns, ammo, survival gear etc, but focusing on what would be on your list at Costco if you weren't in a rush and had time to go pick up a solid food supply.

Food:
    *Flour
    *Canned Veggies
    *Canned Fruit
    *Canned meats
    *Veggie Oil
    *Sugar
    *Salt
    *Bag of beans (which ones?)
    *Bag of rice
    *Peanut butter

Hygiene:
    *Lady stuff
    *Toothepaste
    *Bar soap
    *Dish Soap

I'm just curious what everyone else would add to this as my list is pretty basic.

Last edited:

Lpherr

Occupied
    I just returned from Costco.

My list was very specific and consisted of:

Eggs
    Panko Shrimp
    Mixed Nuts

These will last us until our next trip.
    We're on that new diet... Poverty.:D

Actually, they've been out of a couple items we usually pick up.
    They constantly rotate their inventory, so when they have something, be sure to get a lot.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I did a search using the words “prepper, costco, list” and got a lot of art and videos on this topic. Usually a good one most do not think of on each link.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    If the price is good on eggs, I'd buy a bunch. Eggs last a long time in the fridge.

I freeze dry mine. Will last about 25 years that way. 2 Tbl of powder egg and 2 Tbl of water makes 1 egg. We have about 300 eggs put back this way. Purchase your honey local to you, better health benefits that way. Stock up on you spices, no reason to have to eat bland food.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I freeze dry mine. Will last about 25 years that way. 2 Tbl of powder egg and 2 Tbl of water makes 1 egg. We have about 300 eggs put back this way. Purchase your honey local to you, better health benefits that way. Stock up on you spices, no reason to have to eat bland food.

I have a cheap LED shop light and it is ruining all my spices ? Zapping the color out of them strange.

And tampons are a nice thing until they run out cannot possibly stock enough of them. So while the getting is good they make reusable pads and also a cup. Both would take some changes to the routine but I’d imagine better than nothing. And changes / sacrifices would be made anyhow in shtf type scenario.

I can only store so many cigars……. My problem is I smoke them when I get them.

Costco we just buy what we use once a month. + a little extra when money allows.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    In my normal food rotations it's time to restock and I thought it'd be a good mental exercise to play here with everyone. We could pick a $$ value, but I'd rather see the list the people would think of if they were going to run to Costco to stock up on food and supplies. I'm not trying to start the whole picture of guns, ammo, survival gear etc, but focusing on what would be on your list at Costco if you weren't in a rush and had time to go pick up a solid food supply.

Food:
    *Flour
    *Canned Veggies
    *Canned Fruit
    *Canned meats
    *Veggie Oil
    *Sugar
    *Salt
    *Bag of beans (which ones?)
    *Bag of rice

Hygiene:
    *Lady stuff
    *Toothepaste
    *Bar soap
    *Dish Soap

I'm just curious what everyone else would add to this as my list is pretty basic.

Im out of the lady loop, whats a case of Lady Stuff cost nowdays?
    Plugs...$
    Scrubie Pads...$

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I pick up TP and papertowels everytime I go, no matter how much I have at home. I usually grab a couple cases of Diet Pepsi, bacon, a cooked chicken or two and salted cashews as well.

Their white queso back in the cooler section is also a must have at our house.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom