• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    as much as I love my 2" Rossi M88, I can't hit the broad side of a barn past 20 feet. Then again, I am guessing that's not what it was intended for.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Next time at the range I will practice a few cylinders of a quick point and shoot, then go to using 2 hands for some close fire: 10', 15' and 20' (not expect much at 20' :dunno:
    I then will get out my 64-7 and send the target down range for real fun! :draw:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I'm confused. I can shoot as well as anyone, with my Taurus Model 85 and 605 that comes to my range. Both snubbies. At 20' and under. I think snubbies are pretty accurate, especially single action. I am working on getting as good with my SP101. I watched Bob Mundon shoot a balloon at 200 yards with a snubbie. It could have been TV tricks, but I doubt it. I have more accurate handguns, but I am quite fond of the little snubbies. Maybe it is because mine all have steel frames.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm confused. I can shoot as well as anyone, with my Taurus Model 85 and 605 that comes to my range. Both snubbies. At 20' and under. I think snubbies are pretty accurate, especially single action. I am working on getting as good with my SP101. I watched Bob Mundon shoot a balloon at 200 yards with a snubbie. It could have been TV tricks, but I doubt it. I have more accurate handguns, but I am quite fond of the little snubbies. Maybe it is because mine all have steel frames.

There is nothing mechanically inaccurate about snub revolvers. Pretty much everyone in the Sand Burr class could hit a steel torso at 75y at the end of the day, and everyone could hit it at 50y. It's just a matter of practice and technique.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There is nothing mechanically inaccurate about snub revolvers. Pretty much everyone in the Sand Burr class could hit a steel torso at 75y at the end of the day, and everyone could hit it at 50y. It's just a matter of practice and technique.

Impressive!
    I couldn't even see 75 yards down the lane. :laugh:
    That is 225 feet, and the range only goes to 60 feet, I think.
    I only go that far with my Smith 10-8 I sold or my "new" 64-7.
    Now I will be motivated to try the Walther PPS at more distance than 20 and 30 feet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember seeing Mike Connors (from the tv show "Mannix") regularly picking off bad guys off of rooftops at 100 yards or more with a snubby. ;)

mannix-mike-connors_l.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I remember seeing Mike Connors (from the tv show "Mannix") regularly picking off bad guys off of rooftops at 100 yards or more with a snubby. ;)

mannix-mike-connors_l.jpg

Frank Cannon did too.

MV5BMTI4NzI2NDM1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDIxNDI2._V1_UY268_CR106,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Crazy irony; one of my HS teachers was explaining in class that the Cannon show was unrealistic in that Cannon picked off bad guys at distance with his .38 snub. It took years for me to finally get a snubby to actually understand what he was trying to get across.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    [video=youtube;HIwVK_FxGZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwVK_FxGZk[/video]

Obviously Jerry is incredibly skilled...but if you're missing with your j-frame using decent ammo, it's probably not the gun's fault.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    [video=youtube;HIwVK_FxGZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwVK_FxGZk[/video]

Obviously Jerry is incredibly skilled...but if you're missing with your j-frame using decent ammo, it's probably not the gun's fault.

I like to show off by shooting a few rounds at the target upside down, but I usually shoot upside down at less than 20 feet. It is actually very easy at close range.

Top Bottom