• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So they finally came in Monday. Seem to help with shirt grabbing. Now I just need to get to the range and see if I like them there as well. Fingers crossed!

Much thanks to all that chimed in. Appreciate all y'all!
    2feb92c99ab92768ce6e0a09899ef54f.jpg
    If you use a heat gun it will help it stick better if you use it properly

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    That should work also. I forget about hairdryers because my girl has been out of the house for a long time now, and her brothers, and I never used them.
    I feel ya. I haven't needed shampoo or comb, let alone a hair dryer, for nearly 10 years. If it weren't for the wife, there wouldn't be one in the house.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Reviving this thread. Those of you that bought the grips, how are you liking them?

My brother has a P365 with the Pro Talon's. I really like the feel. I ordered one for my Shield+.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I've had the Talon's on over a year now and just don't even notice them. I sure noticed that aggressive grip digging into my fat roll before the Talon's though. :cool:

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Went with the rubbery ones and really digging them. Solved the snagging issue I was having and are staying put. They haven't peeled up in shifted at all through around 200 rounds.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    The first Shield Pluses had a Cera Coat paint job that helped make the texture feel less aggressive
    Later the used a texture on the smooth part of the frame too & the grip texture became the same as the older M2.0 Shields
    The Performance Center Shield9 Plus with the fiber optic sights is smoother but still very aggressive in the texture which I like...
    Plan on putting a Red Dot on the Center one very soon, If I live long enough that is... Coming Soon! CTS-1550 Crimson Trace
    My SIG Sauer P365XL & Springfield Hellcat both have SIG Romeo Zero Red Dots, Now I want a Red Dot on my Shield + OR, it also has night sights factory & no manual safety
    PA050017.JPG
    Performance Center Shield9 Plus~Shield9 Plus Optics Ready No Manual Safety~Shield9 M2.0
    PA080001.JPG
    M2.0-PC+-Plus OR

I Really Like me some M&P Shields for carry but have many other options available

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Follow up. I installed the Pro versions on my Shield +. I really like them. They are very similar to the 2.0 texture to me.

They are not difficult to install and they really don't look like an add-on accessory.

I'm not sure about the multi-color sparkles, but hey live a little, I guess! :)

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Nice Shield collection! Do you find a significant difference in the triggers between the Shield, Shield Plus and the Performance Center Shield?
    The Shield Plus Performance Center has the best trigger pull of the four striker fired M&P Shields I have
    The PC has a smooth rounded bottom striker safety plunger where the standard Shields have a less tapered & flat bottom
    Also, the PC Shields have a different sear than the standard Shield or Plus
    Just picked up a Performance Center M1.0 40 Shield & transplanted the parts of my M2.0 into that frame & put the 9mm parts into the M1.0 frame = pretty much just traded top ends but removed the pins & cleaned them up

NOTE: in this photo how the striker safety plunger in the middle slide is STUCK IN & wouldn't return making the pistol unsafe
    See the 1st plunger is a Performance Center & how it's shaped or rounded beveled...
    On my Optics Ready Slide in the center, I had to remove the rear night sight & & there was a small bur in the plunger's hole that I fixed with a piece of crocus cloth rolled up & made it mirror smooth & the marked the plunger with Dykem & marked the spot for final de-burring, it's perfect now BTW, 100% retraction & the plunger is polished smooth as glass

PA050007.JPG
    PA060005.JPG PA060012.JPG
    Here is the 2.0 Performance Center Sear marked "R", now mated with its striker in the PC40
    s-l1600.jpg
    I like the flat faced trigger so much that I have even thought of buying a couple new ones & putting them in my two older Shields
    They cost $88ea BTW, that adds up quickly
    Shield Plus Trigger.jpg
    Have even thought about buying a Shield Plus frame for my M2.0 & making it a plus
    They cost $50 or $75 with a new magazine currently, not too bad, cheaper than the flat faced triggers which are overpriced but NOT available directly from S&W & the frames aren't sold except for from NEW stripped handguns & require an FFL to transfer

You can buy these Plus frames with or without manual safety, you can just remove the safety + spring & sliding plunger
    pix227176904.jpg pix789501989.jpg
    Just got an extended 40 magazine yesterday for the PC40 & love the feel it has with the rough textured frame
    I could just get a set of the Talon Grips for the smooth frame M1.0 w/ M2.0 9mm slide which now has the PC sear & striker
    Here's how the quads look for now, might just order that Plus Shield Frame with or without the MAGAzine
    PA290001 (1).JPG
    I really want the Flat Faced Triggers in the other two, they feel so much better to my hands
    Each one of these M&P Shields is different & really can't tell you which one is the best
    Like the fiber optics sights on the PC+, like the night sights & SMSc RDS optic of the OR Shield, have always liked the 9mm M2.0 & the newest PC40 is 40 S&W & now have three magazines for it too...

I have six magazines for the M2.0/M1.0 9mm, NOTE: Grey followers, The 40 S&W magazines have Black followers
    Shield Magazines.jpg
    I have gone M&P Shield Crazy & am thinning the heard, also have a Shield 380EZ too... = Five M&P Shields...
    Sold my two Glocks, two SIGs & three H&Ks, so I have thinned the heard & freed up some money that the Wife is spending quickly
    BUT I get paid Thursday & all the bills are paid, BUT November is another month = Next Tuesday

If anyone out there wants to open up their M&P Shields buy a 1/8" Roll Pin Punch, it will serve you well, Trust me on that....
    The Lyman Set I bought 25 years ago to build AR-15s sure has come in handy, buy a quality set of American Made punches...
    Use a fairly solid backing to prevent absorption of the strike & use a heavy hammer, thinking of making a plank of hard wood with holes drilled covered with leather, used a hard foam block this time & it absorbs the hits too much, always thinking of a better way to do things...

:biggun:HAPPY HALLOWEEN :shoot::hehe:

Attachments

• PA270016.JPG
      PA270016.JPG
      371 KB · Views: 2

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    @IN New Guy, I decided I liked the flat faced trigger so much more than the OG Shield trigger I went ahead & ordered two of the Shield Plus triggers + bar & spring from Freestone-Armory for $83.59ea, I got the last two in stock currently
    They get them by stripping brand NEW pistols & selling every piece online
    Still thinking about ordering one of the rough texture Shield Plus grip frame modules for $50-$75 for the M2.0s upper & innards mostly because of the texture & the trigger overtravel stop behind the trigger + will also increase its magazine capacity from 8 to 13...
    Might just go ahead & buy a frame & have it sent to my FFL dealer before they run out of them + an extra magazine for an added $25
    Should just stop bye there this afternoon & get the paperwork rolling on this transfer while I have the money + get paid on Thursday...
    Shield Plus Flat Faced Trigger.jpg
    The flat faced trigger doesn't have the hinged design & takes away that mushy feeling the original Shields have that feels like take up at the first part of the triggers stroke
    The "R" marked sear I showed above is from my M2.0 is called a Competition Sear & wouldn't have been factory in the 2.0
    My brother bought it used @ Cash American Pawn in Clarksville Indiana "AS NEW" Pre Covid 2019 for $249

The frame I want to buy is the one shown above with the extra 13-round magazine with no manual safety from an Optics Ready Shield Plus with the rough texture, these would be current production & bought as one of these "Bugout Bag" specials because of the extra magazines the seller would have gotten
    To convert to No Manual Safety, you just remove the safety + plunger & spring in the sear housing & install into the frame

IN New Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2017
    Terre Haute
    Thanks, Headknocker. Have been away for a while due to travelling, so would have responded sooner.

Lots of good information here, in fact much more than I expected. You clearly have become a Shield expert. I've only got one (so far) a Shield Plus, and I like it much more than the Glock 26 it replaced. I think if I ever purchase a 2.0 in the future, I'll change out the trigger for a flat-faced one.

BTW, I put a Holosun 407K X2 on the shield using the C&H Precision buffer, and could not get the elevation to zero - not enough elevation adj to bring the shots low enough. Read about this in a previous post (don't remember who had the same issue) so I've just placed an ADE shim under the RDS to hopefully fix that. Haven't been able to get to the range yet, but hopefully it will work.

Telling you this in case you want to put a RDS on your Shield Plus OR. The H407k is a great sight, but the footprint is a "Modified" RMSC and doesn't fit the precut Shield Plus for a direct mount. If this doesn't work, I think I'll go with a Swampfox Sentinel for a direct mount.

Have a great day!

Top Bottom