• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    The grip texture on the Shield Plus is too aggressive for me. Not to my hand, more to my shirts. My shirts cling to the grip. Bad. This means my draw gets fouled almost every time. The shirt sticks to the darn grip instead of sweeping over it. Not to mention shirt/grip attraction does not enhance the concealment properties of the pistol.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can calm down that texture? I love the pistol, but if I can't draw it well under ideal conditions, it'll never get a chance to see the world.

Thanks all!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have zero experience with Talon's products. How sticky is the rubber tape? Is it difficult to remove if I don't like it?
    I don't either but Tyler does! Factory grip works fine for me for some reason. Might be the way I carry or the shirts I wear. :)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I put Talon rubber grips on my summer carry (Shield 45) because it is right against my skin . I sanded my winter carry (M&P 2.0 Com. 9mm) because I have a shirt to isolate me from the roughness.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    No.

(If you're near 46140, I'll let you shoot my Shields with rubber Talons, just send a PM)
    You know, my wife asks me why I continually talk about how awesome this community is and how it is more than just an online forum. It is things like this that help me prove it.

I appreciate the offer Tyler, but you're a couple of hours away, and I'm not sure when I can free up the time. The people who give me a paycheck seem to want all my time for the foreseeable future. Thanks again for the offer.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I use Talon grip tapes on most of my poly guns. I’ve not had an issue with my shirt hanging up on the rubber tapes at all. I don’t run them on my Shield Plus though, since that’s a summer carry gun for me and the shirts I wear don’t seem to hang on the texture.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The grip texture on the Shield Plus is too aggressive for me. Not to my hand, more to my shirts. My shirts cling to the grip. Bad. This means my draw gets fouled almost every time. The shirt sticks to the darn grip instead of sweeping over it. Not to mention shirt/grip attraction does not enhance the concealment properties of the pistol.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can calm down that texture? I love the pistol, but if I can't draw it well under ideal conditions, it'll never get a chance to see the world.

Thanks all!
    Thread 'DIY Rubberized grips' https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/diy-rubberized-grips.502711/

I did this to those aggressive grips and for better grip also. No sand paper and you can pull it off if you don't want it anymore.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thread 'DIY Rubberized grips' https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/diy-rubberized-grips.502711/

I did this to those aggressive grips and for better grip also. No sand paper and you can pull it off if you don't want it anymore.
    That's pretty cool! Nice work! I have a piece of skateboard tape on the front strap of my 1911. It has held fine for years now.

I used to put a piece up on the frame where my support thumb is on my M&P's, but I took a soldering iron to my 2.0 Compact and one of my Shields. I need to do the other one. The only thing I noticed about that was I must not have been aggressive enough(chicken I suppose :) ) with the soldering iron as I noticed it smoothed out after shooting it for awhile. Not really a concern since its there as a reference, not to gain grip. But if I do it again, I may go a little more aggressive.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You know, my wife asks me why I continually talk about how awesome this community is and how it is more than just an online forum. It is things like this that help me prove it.

I appreciate the offer Tyler, but you're a couple of hours away, and I'm not sure when I can free up the time. The people who give me a paycheck seem to want all my time for the foreseeable future. Thanks again for the offer.
    The gas to make the drive would cost you more than the Talons. Pretty inexpensive to try:

I haven't purchased any myself but there was a set of the original Talons on a gun I traded for. Only issue I had was when exposed to significant summer time sweat the adhesive just gave out eventually. That said I think they had been on that gun for some time before I got it.

Top Bottom