• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Star City News just reported that Democratic State representative Shiela Klinker was attempting to make a right had turn the other day when she hit a pedestrian.
    News reports said the pedestrian was in the crosswalk and the crowing sign was lit.

Pedestrian complained of leg pain and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

I don't have a link

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Some years ago there was a political blogger, who I followed regularly, but now I have forgotten his name. In any case he was walking across the street in DC, within the crosswalk, when a federal agent in a black suburban turned the corner and hit him hard enough to break his leg. After a quick check, the agent disappeared.

The blogger went to the hospital, and the DC police responded to his bedside… whereupon they wrote him a ticket for jaywalking.

He pursued it for a while, and I think, maybe even figured out who the agent was, but nothing ever came of it, except that he had a limp.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There has been a lot of talk about pedestrians getting hit by cars here in Indy lately. I had to take DoggyMama to a doctor appointment at IU Medical Center on the IUPUI campus today and with the number of students I saw crossing streets against the lights, I'm not so sure it's a car/driver problem.
    It was a lot worse before they put in the signaled cross-walks. Years ago I had the anti-lock brakes engage on dry blacktop. The little DB just kept walking, he almost caused my car to take a trip to Diamond Collision.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Star City News just reported that Democratic State representative Shiela Klinker was attempting to make a right had turn the other day when she hit a pedestrian.
    News reports said the pedestrian was in the crosswalk and the crowing sign was lit.

Pedestrian complained of leg pain and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

I don't have a link
    Probably would have been fine with a left turn, but a right...lol

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    She was westbound on Columbia at 3rd. Light turned green, pedestrian walked east from the county building, she turned left and drove into him. Knocked him to his feet. Pretty incredible he was able to just walk away from that hit. Maybe 5-10 MPH, she punched it off the line

Top Bottom