• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It's been a while since I posted anything, lately it's just browsing. But I have to add to this thread.
    Being a former Winimac resident, I am acquainted with Mike Gayer. I first met him as our sons were in the same Scout Troop. Through that and quite a few other local functions, as well as him being one of my Culligan customers, I got to know him. My impression of him has always been that he is the type of guy I wanted on my side if the occilating object came in contact with the flying fecal matter. Though it's been about 5 years since I spoke to him last, and he was a Deptuy at the time, I don't think he is the type who would digress into a card carrying JBT upon being elected to a higher position. Especially since, IIRC correctly, the Pulaski County Sheriff is a term limited position and he would most likey return to line duty upon completion as other former Sheriff's have.
    So there you have it folks, a personal side to the story. Take it for what it's worth.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's been a while since I posted anything, lately it's just browsing. But I have to add to this thread.
    Being a former Winimac resident, I am acquainted with Mike Gayer. I first met him as our sons were in the same Scout Troop. Through that and quite a few other local functions, as well as him being one of my Culligan customers, I got to know him. My impression of him has always been that he is the type of guy I wanted on my side if the occilating object came in contact with the flying fecal matter. Though it's been about 5 years since I spoke to him last, and he was a Deptuy at the time, I don't think he is the type who would digress into a card carrying JBT upon being elected to a higher position. Especially since, IIRC correctly, the Pulaski County Sheriff is a term limited position and he would most likey return to line duty upon completion as other former Sheriff's have.
    So there you have it folks, a personal side to the story. Take it for what it's worth.

Good information. Hopefully he hasn't changed. My concern is that the most significant point at hand has nothing to do with the person of Mike Gayer (even if his remarks prove that he is at minimum short-sighted on the matter). Our founders made it clear that the balance of power should rest weighted in favor of the people for a reason and allowing the .gov to have such hardware not available to the rest of us stands that position on its head.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Because the Posse Comitatus Act (US Federal Law) that was passed on June 18, 1878 was to limit the powers of Federal Government in using federal military personnel to enforce state laws.

unfortunately it says nothing about military EQUIPMENT. :(

Id call that an end run around that act.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Isn't Indiana the only state in the country where you are legally within your rights to fire on any law enforcement officer coming into your home illegally (without a warrant and without your permission) so long as you are not a fugitive?

Granted you will likely die in the process to an entire SWAT raid, but hopefully can take a few of the Stasi *******s with you.

Liberty or Death.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Good on them for getting a very pricey vehicle for free. Don't like it vote him out of office.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    From the Johnson County Daily Journal -

"A large armored vehicle built to survive driving over mines now is being used to get SWAT team members safely in and out of calls. A bullet from a high-powerful rifle can easily pierce both sides of a typical squad car, Johnson County Sheriff’s Office SWAT commander Maj. Jerry Pickett said. But no weapon that someone would have in their home is going to penetrate the thick armor plating on the armored vehicle, which the county is using to drive officers to the scene and take cover behind before entering a home, he said."

They got a MRAP...in Franklin...I wonder if they will loan it to Papa John's for freaky fast delivery....

Top Bottom