• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What was the better movie: Forrest Gump or The Shawshank Redemption?

• Total voters

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Back in the mid 90's two movies went head to head at the academy awards back when the academy awards considered movies people had actually seen. The Shawshank Redemption and Forrest Gump, only one, won of course and it was the one about the dim witted, but loveable Alabama boy. Should Andy Dufrane and his brilliant and spirit invigorating achievement of redemption and freedom have taken it home instead? You tell me.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    FG is a great movie but Shawshank, in my head is one of the better movies ever made!

Could not have said it better myself.

Back in the mid/late 90's ex- wife 1 got a job transfer to Mansfield Ohio for a year, where Shawshank was filmed. If ever driving through the area it is worth a stop and check out the old prison, it is very impressive. They also set up a haunted house inside during the fall, but it is for 18 and older.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Could not have said it better myself.

Back in the mid/late 90's ex- wife 1 got a job transfer to Mansfield Ohio for a year, where Shawshank was filmed. If ever driving through the area it is worth a stop and check out the old prison, it is very impressive. They also set up a haunted house inside during the fall, but it is for 18 and older.
    If I remember correctly it’s an actual “haunted” house all year long and you can tour it.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If I remember correctly it’s an actual “haunted” house all year long and you can tour it.

They give tours year around, but for Halloween they make it into a haunted house. I have been there many times just never for the haunted house since my daughter is not old enough. That, and she and the wife are chicken *****. At one point you could pay to spend the night in there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is a tough one. I lean towards FG... just because. One of the greatest soundtracks ever.

Next up: Goodfellas or Dances with Wolves. BA-HAHAHAHHA, just kidding.

Emo66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Valparaiso
    I think FG won on the “feel good” aspect alone. Think about it, Shawshank was about prison (bad), sodomy (bad), murder (bad)…. You didn’t get the feel good till the end. Don’t get me wrong, I love it! It’s a great movie. But that’s why it didn’t win.

Mcoleman85

Pope
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Hobart
    Shawshank for sure. It is one of those movies when you see it on you have to watch what's left! I don't get that with Forrest Gump, though a great movie. Having Gary Sinese in it makes it even closer to a tie though.

Top Bottom