• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    FOXNews.com - Sex Offender Wins Raffle for Abuse Victim Charity - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A convicted sex offender won a $500,000 Alaska raffle that was a fundraiser for a nonprofit organization that helps victims of sexual abuse.

Alec Ahsoak of Anchorage, 53, came forward Saturday to collect his prize.

The state sex offender registry lists Ahsoak as convicted of two counts of sexual abuse of a minor in 1993 and one count in 2000.

The raffle drawing was Friday night.

State law says all games of chance must benefit a charity. The designated beneficiary for the half-million dollar raffle was Standing Together Against Rape, or STAR.

Ahsoak says he plans to use the money to buy a home and to improve his life. He tells KTUU-TV he will donate $100,000 to STAR.

What a crock of sh*t.

I know God works in mysterious ways, but this one has me scratching my head. :scratch:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    FOXNews.com - Sex Offender Wins Raffle for Abuse Victim Charity - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A convicted sex offender won a $500,000 Alaska raffle that was a fundraiser for a nonprofit organization that helps victims of sexual abuse.

What a crock of sh*t.

I know God works in mysterious ways, but this one has me scratching my head. :scratch:

Well...

Nothing in the last eight years, nothing in the previous seven before that, and nothing at all (listed) in the ~38 years before that. While I'll grant that it's possible all is as reported, I think it is equally possible we don't have all the facts, such as whether he pi$$ed someone off and charges were trumped up against him, just for an example.

Regardless, if he won half a million, half of that is gone to taxes and if he's buying a house and trying to better his life after giving $100K of the $250 he's got left, I'd say he's got a good start going on being on the right track.

As for the Lord moving in mysterious ways, you figure if this guy screws up again, the media will be all over him. I think it's just possible that He is trying to show everyone that people can change for the better.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom