• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I may be looking for someone that does septic field repair in or near Porter County. Looks like one of my laterals took a dump (so to speak) over the winter. I have a 6 x 6 area of soft really green grass near what I believe is the end of the first lateral. If anyone does this work, or knows of someone who does this work in my area, please PM me.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Check with your septic pumping company. Many of them do that kind of work in addition to pumping tanks. At the very least, they are likely to know someone.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    My pumping guy is good at one thing...pumping at a reasonable price. When my tank pump failed the first time, he recommended a company to replace it. They charged me way too much, and did a job commensurate with what the pump was supposed to pump.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Probably need to check with the county health department, instead of the building department. But this may vary by county.

I think Porter county requires contractors to be certified, and they can probably give you a list of names.

Note - going to the county may be the last option you wish to persue.

That is too far out of my area to be of much help. But feel free to PM me for advise.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    A lot of older homes in my area don't have marked or certified septic fields. I would suggest you go to the health department as a last resort....try finding it out on your own, could stir a turd, literally. Look at the Beacon Schneider site...in Hendricks county it will show if field is marked. Porter county may not use Beacon though......try this link for Porter County Porter County Parcel Search it may show septic field.

They have really gotten tough on septic work.......around here anyway.

Top Bottom