• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've written both of my state senators and received replies from both.
    Both say they not only support the 2nd amendment, but that they also oppose any new restrictions on legal gun ownership.

Both said they had been hearing from many, many constituents, and they all say the same thing, oppose any new legislation.

If what they are saying is true, and if it is a prevalent opinion nation-wide, it will be VERY difficult to persuade a majority to support this.

We can only contact or representatives and let them know we are paying attention to their actions, and we expect them to act in a manor honoring your wishes. They do work for you.

Ask Richard Lugar what happens when arrogance trumps duty.

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    I received an email from GOA today. I just read my email. I will be sending yet another reminder to my Reps.

I have said from the beginning of this gun grab that it was all about confiscation. That has always been the goal of Dingy Reid and Ms. Frankentstein and their cronies.:xmad:

Keep up the pressure. This is far from over.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've written both of my state senators and received replies from both.
    Both say they not only support the 2nd amendment, but that they also oppose any new restrictions on legal gun ownership.

Coats is also on record recently saying that he hasn't made up his mind yet how he'll vote.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Harry's still butt sore over the chewing he got from the Lame Stream Media after he dropped the Feinswine Bill.
    Screw him and all like him...

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I am positive that Sen. Reid will not be forced into a position where he has to vote straight up/down on this measure. He has the very unfortunate problem of being a liberal from a pro-gun state and in spite of his seniority just barely made it back to the senate.

He does NOT want to cast a vote that could be used by opponents to prove he's anti-gun. Reid's 2A voting has been "above average" and even better then some so-called conservatives. It's not that he's not 100% in agreement with Sen. Feinstein (he is) but he has voters in Nevada to answer to.

So Sen. Reid has to tread very carefully. If he can maneuver any gun-banning legislation into position and then either avoid voting himself or even vote against it, then he wins on all accounts. Unfortunately, Mr. Reid is in the unique position in the Senate to do exactly that.

It's a game of political chess with a lot of moving and covering now, but if he can get this passed without having to vote for it himself, he will.

Most of us here are Indiana voters so we have influence only on our two senators. Do not let up until congress ends this legislative session! Don't assume that even if this passes in the Senate it will get blocked in the House! Just as in the past, nothing is assured.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I am positive that Sen. Reid will not be forced into a position where he has to vote straight up/down on this measure. He has the very unfortunate problem of being a liberal from a pro-gun state and in spite of his seniority just barely made it back to the senate.

He does NOT want to cast a vote that could be used by opponents to prove he's anti-gun. Reid's 2A voting has been "above average" and even better then some so-called conservatives. It's not that he's not 100% in agreement with Sen. Feinstein (he is) but he has voters in Nevada to answer to.

So Sen. Reid has to tread very carefully. If he can maneuver any gun-banning legislation into position and then either avoid voting himself or even vote against it, then he wins on all accounts. Unfortunately, Mr. Reid is in the unique position in the Senate to do exactly that.

It's a game of political chess with a lot of moving and covering now, but if he can get this passed without having to vote for it himself, he will.

Most of us here are Indiana voters so we have influence only on our two senators. Do not let up until congress ends this legislative session! Don't assume that even if this passes in the Senate it will get blocked in the House! Just as in the past, nothing is assured.

It's more than just his job at stake. He is the majority leader, and part of his job is ensuring they maintain the majority. Pushing too hard on this could cost them that majority and they know it. And they want the majority of the house, too.

Loosing the majority could afect many democratic platforms, so Reid has to weigh that. Obama knows this and while publicly pushing for an AWB vote, I'm sure he wants to gain control of the house more than he wants to loose majority in the senate due to an AWB. I'm sure Reid is frustrated w/ Feinstein's/Obama's continual push for the AWB vote.

-rvb

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Respectful but strongly worded letters sent. I rarely use my background credentials, but SOME times they might have a wee bit more sway in such matters of importance.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Respectful but strongly worded letters sent. I rarely use my background credentials, but SOME times they might have a wee bit more sway in such matters of importance.

In my opinion you should always let them know "who" you are. You work and pay taxes, you are a husband and father, you are active in your church and community, you vote and pay attention to current issues, you are an NRA member, and you own firearms lawfully. The media paints a very distorted picture of us trying to make us all look like Adam Lana or Jared Loughner. Those men are NOT representative of gun owners.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    In my opinion you should always let them know "who" you are. You work and pay taxes, you are a husband and father, you are active in your church and community, you vote and pay attention to current issues, you are an NRA member, and you own firearms lawfully. The media paints a very distorted picture of us trying to make us all look like Adam Lana or Jared Loughner. Those men are NOT representative of gun owners.

I have no issue letting these politicians know. I just tend to not throw it out for simple purposes of braggadocio. Serves no purpose.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I have no issue letting these politicians know. I just tend to not throw it out for simple purposes of braggadocio. Serves no purpose.

If you don't put name and address on the letter then then will just ignore it like junk mail. If your someone in the community with a title then it means even more the Senators and Congressmen because they know you can possibly influence others that vote.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You need to be targeting family members, co-workers and others who vote for these idiots. It is not just enough to get a hold of elected representives. Everyone around you needs to be re-educated. You can not allow anyone to buy into the evil that has become the democrat party.

Top Bottom