• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JFW468

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    And this is why you don't provide strangers with your personal info on a bill of sale or anything else. I will meet you in a parking lot somewhere and give you my first name and you have my INGO handle. I have to know you before you get much more than that.

My nephew tried to buy a used gun last weekend. He had the guy meet at a police station to check the gun. It came back stolen. Luckily he didn't just blindly buy it. Morale=Be extra careful if you're buying.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My nephew tried to buy a used gun last weekend. He had the guy meet at a police station to check the gun. It came back stolen. Luckily he didn't just blindly buy it. Morale=Be extra careful if you're buying.

And did the cops confiscate it? What county was this?

I'm guessing the seller had no clue, since he agreed to meet there.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Local LGS owner's predictions about where the market will go.

[video=youtube_share;NVqSLd_AxSU]http://youtu.be/NVqSLd_AxSU[/video]

JFW468

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    And did the cops confiscate it? What county was this?

I'm guessing the seller had no clue, since he agreed to meet there.

Yes, the cops took it.
    Dekalb.
    Would-be-seller said he purchased it from a random 20-something guy in person in Fort Wayne IN. I guess he sounded like he was telling the truth. The sergeant let him go after filling out report.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Not selling anything to make money but I’m interested in trading things I don’t use for things I might use. More interested in getting rid of accessories that have accumulated over the years. I’m just too lazy to go through the picture posting process. By the way, having lived through numerous gun scares dating back to 86’ I have everything I “NEED”, I just WANT more.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Not selling anything to make money but I’m interested in trading things I don’t use for things I might use. More interested in getting rid of accessories that have accumulated over the years. I’m just too lazy to go through the picture posting process. 路 By the way, having lived through numerous gun scares dating back to 86’ I have everything I “NEED”, I just WANT more. 

Other than gifting 4 or 5 Mosins a few years ago (3 to family members and 2 to close friends) I don't let guns go. I can count on one hand the number of firearms I have sold or traded in the last 50+ years. I guess you could call me a hoarder! My youngest son and I collect firearms and ammo - figure my arsenal will be given to my sons & grandsons upon my demise. I don't buy ammo or firearms when prices are high, I usually purchase ammo in case lots - same with reloading supplies - buy guns any time I run into a good deal. Currently we have firearms ranging from 17 HMR to 50 BMG with over 35 different calibers - I think we have near 1K minimum rounds for most calibers. We just lay back and wait during times like this.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’ve probably sold or traded a whole gun shops worth of guns over the years. Makes me ill seeing what some of those guns are worth today! When I was younger and working my “career” job I never sold anything but once that went away if I wanted something new I had to trade or sell to get it. Rarely sell a firearm for money but do trade for others I might want more. Went to a gun shop in Speedway yesterday and saw 3-4 I can’t get out of my mind. It’s a terrible disease!!!!

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I've sold a few in the last few weeks. There were guns I've wanted to sell for a little while but nobody was buying. Now the market is moving again, this seemed like the right time to get a fair price. It has worked well and it let me buy something I wanted more.

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I am still more of a buyer than a seller. Being of that mode, it is difficult to find those that I am looking for. These are interesting times. In the end, they always seem to come to me sooner or later.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've sold a few in the last few weeks. There were guns I've wanted to sell for a little while but nobody was buying. Now the market is moving again, this seemed like the right time to get a fair price. It has worked well and it let me buy something I wanted more.

Exactly, I have only sold one firearm so far, but have moved some ammo and accessories to guns I no longer own.
    Also moved some once fired brass, nothing I have sold has been a "money maker", but I have cleared some stuff out of the house that just sits, and it does make room for other stuff to just sit.
    It has helped by getting some "stuff off the shelf" and made it easier to re-organize.

Since this "new normal" is starting to take place, I have been more interested in prepping and stocking food, water, toiletries etc.
    So more shelf space is always a plus.

I've also been having some luck on ebay as well for non firearms stuff. With people at home, shopping online I have been getting rid of other stuff that sits in plastic tubs.
    Ebay had been at a crawl for a long time, I know a lot of you "hate" ebay, but it is still one of the best markets for collectibles.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I finally got my Hellcat OSP so I plan to sell my XDm with night sights and 4.5 lb trigger and my unfired M&P Shield 9mm soon so I can pick up and optic for it.

Top Bottom