• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Feel like I got a good deal on this. Under 200. Came out of estate sale. Only problem is guy who had owned had had engraved his name on one side, initials on other and under the handgrip. Bought it to shoot and cause was a good deal. I looked up the name engraved and read his obituary. Was a life long competitive shooter, airforce retired veteran and life member of nra. Now kinda feel bad his family just didn't wanna keep it. I'll shoot it and hopefully maybe honor this guy I didn't even know 20231204_071422.jpg

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Nice find; bet that gun has some stories to tell.

I try to tell people all the time: your family will remember you and not the stuff you leave behind. Hope this guy left plenty of memories for his family.
    Well said

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Nice find
    My first handgun was security six. Got it at Em-Roes
    Should have never let it go
    My first carry gun was a security six stainless as well. I stupidly got rid of it. Years later got another one but with 6 inch barrel. Made sure to keep it. Now got this one. Definitely more of a nostalgic collection piece for me

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    At least it went to someone who will appreciate it, care for it, shoot it properly and regularly, etc.
    It's sad about the unappreciative family's lack of appreciation, but respect and appreciation don't always have to come from blood / family!

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I have so many books from estate sales which have a personal note to the owner from the author. Even letters and postcards. I like to look up the names/obituaries and see what people did and how they were connected. I say all that to say, it’s pretty surprising what family members will not care for. It makes me a little upset but what makes me feel better about it is that I didn’t know the person, maybe they weren’t the best parent but a good fishing buddy or so. Also ive found that the people who mark their items with their name do it because they are worried about theft (especially from family), not so much marking what means a lot to them. But you never know.

Nevertheless, great score. I’d love to pick one of those up eventually

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I have so many books from estate sales which have a personal note to the owner from the author. Even letters and postcards. I like to look up the names/obituaries and see what people did and how they were connected. I say all that to say, it’s pretty surprising what family members will not care for. It makes me a little upset but what makes me feel better about it is that I didn’t know the person, maybe they weren’t the best parent but a good fishing buddy or so. Also ive found that the people who mark their items with their name do it because they are worried about theft (especially from family), not so much marking what means a lot to them. But you never know.

Nevertheless, great score. I’d love to pick one of those up eventually
    Started thinking alot about maybe names engraved are just for theft. Especially since he also engrave it under the grips. I will say this he did a very nice job on it where it looked almost factory lol

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Started thinking alot about maybe names engraved are just for theft. Especially since he also engrave it under the grips. I will say this he did a very nice job on it where it looked almost factory lol
    that’s good. most of the time it looks like they commissioned someone with Parkinson’s or a blind man to do it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Feel like I got a good deal on this. Under 200. Came out of estate sale. Only problem is guy who had owned had had engraved his name on one side, initials on other and under the handgrip. Bought it to shoot and cause was a good deal. I looked up the name engraved and read his obituary. Was a life long competitive shooter, airforce retired veteran and life member of nra. Now kinda feel bad his family just didn't wanna keep it. I'll shoot it and hopefully maybe honor this guy I didn't even know View attachment 316500
    Nice find, Ruger made a ton of these but as many as there are out there the prices are pretty high on these now so you got a great deal!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a Security 6 for many years. I always enjoyed it. I don't know why I sold it 12 years ago. I kind of miss it. I sold it back then for more than what you just paid, so you did good.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Killer deal on a great gun. I'll bet the previous owner would be glad it went to somebody who will appreciate it and take care of it. We can't take them with us when we go...the best we can hope for is that someone else will get the same amount of joy out of our stuff that we did.

Top Bottom