• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2016
    Jamestown
    Anyone know about security at the Palladium? Going to a concert there tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone knew if they do any sort of checks at the door.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    When I went there a few years ago, security was nonexistent. I doubt the people of Carmel would want the aesthetics of their music hall marred by metal detectors, either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting legal question: since it is a public building, they may not be able to ban firearms.

Now, there's stickers on the doors, and a relatively complicated ownership issue (the CRC built it and pays for it, but I believe it is deeded to a trust for the benefit of the CRC), so it is an open question.

The basic issue is that the mayor is not a gun-guy and doesn't like the idea of guns in his theater.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think there's about half a billion dollars secured by the Palladium and the real estate surrounding it.

Oh.

Wait.

Different security. Sorry, been working on debt instruments part of the day.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I went to a Jason Isbell concert there a few months ago. Metal detectors were there. Almost got my knife confiscated. They told me, "Sorry, no weapons allowed". This was a Spyderco Delica. I said "This isn't a weapon. It's a pocket knife." They said, "We're going to have to take this." I said, "Bull****, I'll take it back to my car."

Left the gun in the car, so no confrontations there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I went to a Jason Isbell concert there a few months ago. Metal detectors were there. Almost got my knife confiscated. They told me, "Sorry, no weapons allowed". This was a Spyderco Delica. I said "This isn't a weapon. It's a pocket knife." They said, "We're going to have to take this." I said, "Bull****, I'll take it back to my car."

Here's what's ironic: there's an argument that says the City can't prohibit guns at the Palladium.... but they can prohibit knives. I'm not sure who wants to be the test case, but last I checked the Palladium complex is a public-private partnership with the Carmel Redevelopment Commission as primary owner. As a city entity, there's a pre-emption issue.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Was there in the past month, no issues (no wands/pat-downs).

Interesting. Starts with no detectors, a few months ago detectors are present, then last month, there are no detectors again. I wonder if they bring/rent them for certain events only.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Heading to the Palladium this evening for the first time in a while. What is the environment like now for cc?

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    No security at all last night, not evendors searthing women's purses. Felt naked not carrying though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom