• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My daughter lives next door to us, and has an 8x10 wooden shed in her backyard that she doesn’t want. I need to move the shed to my side of the fence, which is literally about 4 feet. My only option is to take the chain link fence loose, move the shed, and put the fence back.

I assume I can take the fence loose, and use a come a long to re tighten it. It has a steel rod running through it right next to the gate.

Can anyone with experience with chain link fence give me a step by step on how to not screw up the fence?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My daughter lives next door to us, and has an 8x10 wooden shed in her backyard that she doesn’t want. I need to move the shed to my side of the fence, which is literally about 4 feet. My only option is to take the chain link fence loose, move the shed, and put the fence back.

I assume I can take the fence loose, and use a come a long to re tighten it. It has a steel rod running through it right next to the gate.

Can anyone with experience with chain link fence give me a step by step on how to not screw up the fence?
    What you described is pretty much the process. You'll need to take off the top rails and any ties that attach the fence to the top rails, but that's about all I can think of. As long as you have room between your line posts you should be good to go.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I took 2 2X4s, drilled 3holes thru them, and added carriage bolts , washers and nuts.
    Attach it to the end of the chain length fence with a tow strap wrapped around each end, pull the fence...come along,truck, winch, however....then reattach

Top Bottom