• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Hamilton County School Board parent meetings about sexual books in K-12 schools. My opinion is that the issues of Transgenderism, youth sex, identity are real. The school system has morphed throughout the years and have been forced to raise kids in the classroom. Busy parents working jobs, lazy parents or just uneducated or unwilling parents all contribute to this. These topics should be taught in the home, church or community... not the schools. There is also an element of agenda pushing by "liberal" minded individuals. Kids, all with still undeveloped minds, will eat what they are fed.
    Sorry if this video has already been mentioned. My search did not come up with anything.

YouTube

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Hamilton County School Board parent meetings about sexual books in K-12 schools. My opinion is that the issues of Transgenderism, youth sex, identity are real. The school system has morphed throughout the years and have been forced to raise kids in the classroom. Busy parents working jobs, lazy parents or just uneducated or unwilling parents all contribute to this. These topics should be taught in the home, church or community... not the schools. There is also an element of agenda pushing by "liberal" minded individuals. Kids, all with still undeveloped minds, will eat what they are fed.
    Sorry if this video has already been mentioned. My search did not come up with anything.

YouTube
    I will preface this by saying I don’t live in Carmel, and I send my kids to a parochial school because faith formation is an important part of our family.

My comments on the video:

The books they are complaining about are in the county public library, not the school library. The school board meeting was the wrong forum to address the issue.

Also, I think many people have watched too much Parks and Recreation and think that is how government meetings work.
    A school board meeting is usually a meeting held in public, not a public meeting. There is a distinction between the two types.
    The speakers at the meeting most likely were unaware of these facts.
    The problem that we see in these instances is a poor understanding of how civics works.

Blaming this issue entirely on public educators being liberal indoctrination agents is misguided and those making those claims should be sure to educate themselves thoroughly on the true state of the issue.

Top Bottom