• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I saw a Scar 17 at Beech Grove Firearms (Indy). It didn't last long. I imagine they get in 16s as well. Fort Liberty Firearms (West Indy) also gets in Scars from time to time (so they say..I have never seen one there). Why not get it online if you really want one? Prices are much better now.

edit: Are you wanting to look at one or purchase?

Last edited:

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've heard they are very reliable, but not very accurate. Is Thst true?

I've found mine to be pretty damn accurate at 100 yards. I haven't shot it at longer distances. It's a light assault rifle though, so it's not really meant to be accurate out to 600 yards per say. Like all rifles though, the ammo and the operator play a huge role. I read a review that made the accuracy seem excellent, but the guy was using Black Hills Mk 272 mod 1 ammo. That stuff is expensive and really hard to find. I bet if you have military connections you could get it, but I certainly do not. Just out of curiosity, where did you hear it wasn't accurate?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I've found mine to be pretty damn accurate at 100 yards. I haven't shot it at longer distances. It's a light assault rifle though, so it's not really meant to be accurate out to 600 yards per say. Like all rifles though, the ammo and the operator play a huge role. I read a review that made the accuracy seem excellent, but the guy was using Black Hills Mk 272 mod 1 ammo. That stuff is expensive and really hard to find. I bet if you have military connections you could get it, but I certainly do not. Just out of curiosity, where did you hear it wasn't accurate?

From a couple of guys I know who got rid of theirs for that reason.

Top Bottom