• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Well I finally determined what I'm going to end up doing. I'm going to buy a Bushmaster 9mm Carbon 15 Pistol.
    BushmasterCarbon15.jpg

Then I can just fill out the ATF paperwork and once it's approved put a standard stock on it and I've got my SBR! But I wanted to ask a few questions first: Does anyone know first of all if I can put a standard AR-15 stock on this without modification? Second, can the barrel accept a 9mm suppressor? I couldn't find any info to answer those questions. It may be a tad costly, however in reality if I did the build myself I would have probably spent around $900 anyway+the ATF paperwork, so I don't think it's a huge difference. This way I'll have a cool AR-15 pistol to shoot until my forms clear!

Here's a pic of someone who did the SBR mod:
    SBRBushmaster.jpg

I know you can obviously put a stock on it, since they did, but again I want to know whether if it requires modification to the firearm. Thanks for the help guys!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    but again I want to know whether if it requires modification to the firearm.

Looks like it just requires swapping the pistol receiver extension ("buffer tube") with the collapsible stock assembly. In fact, Bushmaster sells just such an SBR to LE agencies:

Bushmaster - Law Enforcement Models

And the muzzle is threaded 1/2"x28, so get a 9mm can threaded to match and you're good to go.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    if you ever intend to mount an optic, I suggest the flattop. If you like irons, go with the A2. Actually, you can get a detachable handle for the A3, so you really can't go wrong with one of those...

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    So I bought Quicken Willmaker today and I'm planning my build, so I wanted to clarify a legal issue I ran into. If I register my lower as an SBR, can I buy a pistol upper to put on it? I'm pretty sure I can, I just wanted to be positive before I plan to do so.

Also thanks to techres for indirectly convincing me to go with 9mm on this AR build. :thumbsup:

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    You can put any upper you want on it AFTER you get your form 1 back approved.

Cool! Thanks for the help. I figured if I was going to put the Trident 9 on the SBR later on, I would want a 7 1/2" barrel upper so I have a more compact carbine even with the suppressor added.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Well I placed an order for forms from ATF about a week ago and they arrived today, so now I'm ready to begin filling them out and hopefully sometime in around 2 months I'll have the finished product! Thanks guys for helping me figure out the process! :do2::do2:

Top Bottom