• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Driving without a license is also illegal. Do they have a right to detain you until you prove you have a valid license?

We can always count on someone to jump in with this same, almost word for word question when this comes up.

No... the SCOTUS has clearly ruled that merely driving a vehicle is not sufficient reason to stop a person even if the possibility exists that he doesn't have a valid license.

There is no comparable ruling when it comes to carrying a firearm.

It is illegal in Indiana to carry a handgun in public UNLESS there are mitigating circumstances. Any law officer has the right and power to stop and discern if you fall under these mitigating circumstances when he sees you carrying a handgun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    HOW IN THE HELL IS WALKING HOME FROM THE GROCERY STORE "MAKING A SCENE?" WHY IN THE HELL DOES IT MATTER HOW SOMEONE CARRIES?

It does not matter and he was not making a scene. You will if you do as you suggest.

I have been harassed as stated up thread and choose not to be.
    Carry as you will. It is a choice and we bare the consequences.
    Some anti-gun nut sack called in and said who knows what to the 911 personnel and the result was this action. Was he wrong, no. Was he within his rights, yes. Was LEO responding as told to, Yes. Did he walk away free, yes. Is OP Pi$$ed off, of course he is. Can we stop this, no we can not as long as lib-tard cowards call in and incite the LEO into riot gear.

I was seriously Pi$$ed off when I would get stopped on my Harley when my gun was visible. Happened maybe 4 times. I got all different views of the law from idiot un-informed or just do as you want LEO's using this as an excuse to run me through the ringer. Was it the bike, maybe. Was it the gun, yes. Maybe both. Never got a ticket and always rolled away free but my time and rights were infringed on and this was mid-90's early 00's.
    This is nothing new. Grip up.
    For this reason I choose not to invite LEO or anyone else to my private party when CC.
    Just an opinion.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It is clear that you don't get it and therefor fall firmly in the pool with the mall ninja! But that is just my ignorant opinion afterall.

Hopefully rhino will let you borrow his speedo (for swimming in my pool of idiots).

P.s. not that you can comprehend... but just because you can doesn't mean you should. So far as why shouldn't you, well... Why don't you??? Maybe because people will point and laugh. Maybe because you'll attract negative unwanted attention. Maybe because you'll look like an idiot.

You're still talking nonsense, eh? I can't comprehend, because your post is idiotic. You're part of the problem.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Why wouldn't you blame them for their response? You are a guy carrying groceries across a bridge, who happens to have a holstered firearm. A criminal this does not make you.

Actually, a criminal it might make the person. We don't have our licenses tattooed on our foreheads or anything, and until we get permit-less carry in Indiana, carrying a handgun w/o a license is illegal. Clearly LEOs have reasonable suspicion to detain such a person. The question is, what level of force are they allowed to use while they investigate for a possible law violation?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    tac pants. check. combat boots. check. thigh rig for subcompact. check.

i know that's what i put on to go buy groceries.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The problem with OC is the police have to answer "man with a gun" calls. It is a hassle for them and for you but they cannot ignore the call.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    So you make assumptions about a person based on his method of carry? You don't know him. I do. I hate people like you more than I hate liberals.

Yea, I don't see ANY, NOT A SINGLE ONE, NONE WHATSOEVER, reason a normal reasonable person would go about town carrying in a leg holster.

Hold onto your hate and your leg holster. They probably go well together.

To be clear. The assumption I make about him is that his decision making process is flawed, and I should take his commentary at face value... Which is low.

Top Bottom